PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

The Rest of the Season

So, 12 B10 wins may realistically earn a double-bye in the BTT this year. I love our conf schedule this year. We need 10 more wins to get to 12. Let’s look at this:

Let’s pencil all of these games in as losses (though, I HIGHLY doubt that we will lose all of these games – that OSU game has upset written on it, but I’m going to count it as a loss… I will throw @ RU into this loss pile as wel, to account for our inevitable upset this season):

@RU
OSU
@ UM
@MSU
@ PU
@ Iowa
@ MSU

That leaves us with these games as likely W’s, without pulling any upsets:

Wisky
@Minne
Indiana
@Nebraska
Minne
Northwestern
Illinois
@ IU
RU
@ NW

That gives us 12 wins. What am I missing here?

1 Like

Ken Pomeroy says 11-9, with the next of the 9 coming Tuesday night in New Jersey.

2 Likes

Let’s see how the bandwagon rolls in the next couple of weeks:

Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers

5 Likes

As if they are being overlooked? I have this game in the loss category - did you read the post?

2 Likes

I have it as a win. A 1 point game tells me the team with experience can win this.

meant no offense. Just the usual Franklin mantra. Every game will be tough.

5 Likes

Just summing the probabilities there we’re expected at ~2.25 wins. So I say going 3-2 is a massive success.

That’s a very tough 5 game stretch…

I think we go 3-2. @RU, Wisc, OSU.
I also think we dodged an upset loss on Saturday considering Mike and Lamar bench minutes and how well Iowa shot treys.
That said, Rutgers Rutgers Rutgers. :grin:

2 Likes

Maybe we have a different definition for massive, but I think 3 wins is a success, 4 would be a massive success. If 3 is a massive success, then is 2 a success? I think not.