PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

The "left" end of Conseco vs the "right"

After watching several good shooters act like they couldn’t even see the rim on the one end of the floor this week, I decided to put my eyes to the test and see if there was anything to one end vs the other. So i took the first 7 games of this tournament and compared shooting on the left end of the floor (as you watch it on tv, or left if you were looking at the game from the stands looking at the benches on the other side of the court) and compared 3pt shooting numbers for teams on that end vs the other.

This is hardly significant, but I do think it’s a bit interesting and I’m wondering if any players have made mention of having problems seeing on that end vs the other.

The green numbers simply show teams who shot better on the right end than the left from 3, the red would be the two instances where it was the opposite way, and the grey is on where it was equal. At the bottom you’ll see the totals for the week so far.

May be relevant while watching the current game to know that Michigan is 1-4 from 3 this half (on the bad end) after starting the game 4-11 on the good end.

Just bored, can’t wait for this game to start. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nobody willing to give me credit yet? :wink:

MSU starts on the good end (right) and opens the game 4/6 from 3 point land, while we go just 4/13 on the bad end. Then we switch things up and MSU is 4/17 while we’re 5/9.

I’m not saying anything, I’m just sayin. :smiley:

There were some BAAAD misses on that one end again, and not so much on the good end. I’m curious to know just what the difference seems to be. I think they need to dim the lights on the stands, personally.

Crafty I think you might be on to something. did you chart the the OSU-Mich game too? I just hope we get the right end in second half of tomorrows game.

I was watching it and I think it was following suit, but I’ll have to go back and give it another look later tonight. It’s celebratin time right now. :slight_smile:

The shooting sightlines do indeed differ between the ends, so it’s possible.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:1, topic:2110”]After watching several good shooters act like they couldn’t even see the rim on the one end of the floor this week, I decided to put my eyes to the test and see if there was anything to one end vs the other. So i took the first 7 games of this tournament and compared shooting on the left end of the floor (as you watch it on tv, or left if you were looking at the game from the stands looking at the benches on the other side of the court) and compared 3pt shooting numbers for teams on that end vs the other.

This is hardly significant, but I do think it’s a bit interesting and I’m wondering if any players have made mention of having problems seeing on that end vs the other.

The green numbers simply show teams who shot better on the right end than the left from 3, the red would be the two instances where it was the opposite way, and the grey is on where it was equal. At the bottom you’ll see the totals for the week so far.

May be relevant while watching the current game to know that Michigan is 1-4 from 3 this half (on the bad end) after starting the game 4-11 on the good end.

Just bored, can’t wait for this game to start. :P[/quote]

Looks like they saw great from both ends. Every team made more shots than they attempted.

I was wondering if they did. Thanks for the info.

Looks like they saw great from both ends. Every team made more shots than they attempted.

lol whoops, i’ll fix that later tonight when i get some time to really mess with it. that’s what i get for throwing something together 5 minutes before i walk out the door.

I’m not entirely certain about this, but it seems that the better seed gets the “good” end in the second half, so I don’t think we will.

The better seed is the home team and the home team gets the bench on the right side for the second half. So unfortunately, OSU will have that bench.

We just need to build up a big lead in the first half… :slight_smile:

Okay, added in the two games from today - they both held to form. That means only 2 performances of the 18 possible have seen a team shoot better on the left end than the right, from 3 point land. And 1 was equaled. So 15 out of 18 teams have shot better on the right end than the left.

let me know if you find any obvious errors here, been a long night.