PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

The Journey - BTT edition

Man what a great show.

The behind the scenes clips really show how much fun this team is having now and how much they like this coaching staff.

I’m pretty sure the editor and producer must have a bet going about how many different shots they can get of Coach Dechellis drinking out if a cup and walking at the same time in a single episode.

I think we’re up to 5 now.

Other than that, this is really a fabulous documentary. I hope it wins lots of awards.

The locker room scenes after the OSU loss…wow, how somber.

What an ending to that episode! Talor Battle is the star of the while episode. Awesome. I am not going to sleep tonight!

I DVR’d the show and plan on watching it as my pre-game for tomorrows game. With two great things to watch tomorrow, no way I’m sleeping tonight…

Oh man, what a great journey. BigTen should get some awards for the content and quality of a “best reality show.” Just superior stuff!

Hard to believe that was only two weeks ago. Feels like two months. What a difference they created in such a short time.

The locker room scenes after the OSU loss...wow, how somber.

Hard to believe that was only two weeks ago. Feels like two months. What a difference they created in such a short time.

That was the BTT loss to OSU

I was really looking forward to last night’s Tournament edition…GREAT show…it did not disappoint at all!!!

Of course, I really liked seeing all the Penn State stuff, but it’s so interesting to see that many guys on the other teams…the guys that we love to root against and make out as bad guys…for the most part, appear to be good guys, too. It’s not much of a surprise that they are good guys, it’s the way that “The Journey” shows that part of the B1G basketball story so well.

I like how The Journey shows both sides…they show the celebration and the tears. The Senior Day episode at the end showing winning highlights and the celebration for the other three guys, but showed more negative highlights for PSU in their loss. At first that irked me, but then it made sense, and I’m glad BTN portrays that.

Gee Tom, something irked you? What a surprise! ;D :wink:

Yes, something “negative” irked me…then I thought about it and realized the negativity was actually reality…so all was well again :slight_smile:

Amazing episode. I thought one of the best parts, and this backs up what PSUWin posted, was the scene where the OSU and Penn State guys were in the locker room together after the selection show. You could see the mutual respect.

And, if you haven’t seen it, make sure you do. Talor was the star of the show. Gut wrenching postgame interview with Jeff though.

By the way, how about the pre-tournament speech to our guys from the guy who had climbed Everest? “The reason why my teammates and I were able to do it in four and a half days, while on average it takes nine is…because… I’m not f#&Q&%! average.”

I was ready to play after that.

I used to go to New York every March to vote on the Sports Emmy awards and saw many, many great shows/episodes over those years. As well as have produced some Emmy award winning shows myself.

This is right up there with all of those.

The great thing about this series is it has brought the entire conference together. For any fan of any team who has seen this series, how can they not root for Talor or Darius/Tim or Lighty or any of these kids. It’s honestly pulled the fans and players of this conference together and that in itself is amazing.

Yeah, I wasn’t expecting that “punchline” either.

By the way, how about the pre-tournament speech to our guys from the guy who had climbed Everest? "The reason why my teammates and I were able to do it in four and a half days, while on average it takes nine is...because... I'm not f#&Q&%! average."

Yeah, I wasn’t expecting that “punchline” either.

While watching this, I had a flashback to Deon Butler’s pre-game speech against Ohio $tate in '08.

Sh*t I forgot to watch this yesterday, I was telling myself not to forget. Anyone know when it will be re-aired?

5:30p to 6:30p today on the BTN and I’m sure several times after that.

I was struck during the footage after the BTT final how the two teams got together. That’s a gimpse od something something we never get to see. I think after the tourny all the teams come together as a conference for the NCAAs.