The BT's Greatest Games - Basketball: 2001 NCAA Tournament - PSU vs. N.C

Mon. 2/1 @ 8:00 PM, The Big Ten’s Greatest Games - Basketball: 2001 NCAA Tournament - Penn State vs. North Carolina

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012910aab.html

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/schedule/index.asp

Thanks for the tip Cappy!

No prob, actually I have a dvd of the game so I can watch it anytime! :slight_smile:

Have you been watching that thing a lot this season Cappy? :’(

[quote="CAPPY, post:3, topic:766"]No prob, actually I have a dvd of the game so I can watch it anytime! :)[/quote]

Actually no, been trying not to live in the past. :wink:

[quote="CAPPY, post:3, topic:766"]No prob, actually I have a dvd of the game so I can watch it anytime! :)[/quote]

All kidding aside, I watched it on Sunday after the Wisconsin loss. I had forgotten how important Tate and Watkins were to that team, it’s too bad that the bottom fell out and that we weren’t able to build a future around them.

I remember it well - Dunn out-coached Dougherty all afternoon. In retrospect, it’s amazing that either one of those guys were head coaches of NCAA tournament teams

Well one guy had all the talent that UNC brings to the table. And the other guy had Joe Crispin.

I’ve never seen this game. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote="psu_DC, post:7, topic:766"]I remember it well - Dunn out-coached Dougherty all afternoon. In retrospect, it's amazing that either one of those guys were head coaches of NCAA tournament teams[/quote]

Well one guy had all the talent that UNC brings to the table. And the other guy had Joe Crispin.

Pepper’s was just an amazing athlete

I was in 7th grade when this game was played. I had to write a poem for my English class right after the game, and I remember doing it about this game. It was basically a play-by-play analysis in poem format, compacted into a page or two.

Guys, I have Fios and according to their program guide this is not the game that is to be aired tonight. I don’t have it in front of me so I’m not sure what it said but it was not a PSU game.

You’re right - ComCast TV Guide says that the 2000 Indiana vs. Minne game will air during that time slot. Bummer, I was excited to watch that again.

[quote="pmhewitt, post:12, topic:766"]Guys, I have Fios and according to their program guide this is not the game that is to be aired tonight. I don't have it in front of me so I'm not sure what it said but it was not a PSU game.[/quote] You're right - ComCast TV Guide says that the 2000 Indiana vs. Minne game will air during that time slot. Bummer, I was excited to watch that again.

According to DirecTV website, the PSU vs. NC game is what will be aired:

[i]The Big Ten’s Greatest Games: 2001 NCAA Tournament: Penn State vs. North Carolina HD

Duration:
90 minutes
Categories:
Series, Sports

Future airings:
Monday, February 1 8:00 PM EST 610 BTN
[/i]

Looking ahead, the IU/Minne replay is supposed to be shown this Friday at 4 pm as well. Maybe the UNC game switched slots and will be shown then instead? Or, perhaps the tv guide screwed up - ComCast is notorious for doing that.

According to BigTenNetwork.com:

“February 1
2001 NCAA Second Round – Penn State 82, #6 North Carolina 74
Seventh-seeded Penn State defeated second-seeded North Carolina to advance to the Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 1955. Titus Ivory scored a career-high 21 points and hit the game’s biggest shot, giving Penn State the lead for good. Joe Crispin added 21 points and the Nittany Lions forced 22 Tar Heel turnovers.”

I’d definitely trust that more than a digital TV guide.

Also a headline on the front page (http://www.bigtennetwork.com/) is promoting the UNC game, saying it will be aired at 8 tonight.

On right now, don’t forget

We have a Marcus Banta sighting!

Now Scott Witkowski

UNC was 40 percent NFL players, not fair at all.