PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

The big question is:

Which MSU team shows up tomorrow - the one that almost lost to Iowa on Thursday or the one that pounded Purdue on Friday. I’m hoping the Thursday team shows up. The Spartans have been one of the most unpredictable teams in the Big Ten this year - look terrible one day and look great the next.

I’m predicting final score 41-40 PSU. I think this game should be played with pads and helmets.

Unpredictable - your definition seems to apply to another Big 10 team. Tomorrow is as much about which version of “us”'shows up too. Our “A” game beats theirs. If Talor drops 20, Brooks 15 and the rest play as they have, we win by 10.

Well, we are talking about Tom Izzo here. He does March like Debbie does Dallas. :wink:

It’s going to be tough. I don’t expect Lucas to shoot as well as he did today, but I’m guessing it’ll be a real fight. Hope the guys don’t get too caught up in the excitement of it all. Gotta be ready to put it all out there to beat MSU this time of year.

Ugly as today was, I think we need to play slow against MSU tomorrow. They seem to excel pushing the ball and I don’t like our chances if the game gets into anything higher than the lower 60s. Having said that, I don’t think Lucas can play any better than today and I don’t think Talor could play any worse than he has the first two games of this tourney. Gotta have some regression to the mean you’d think. Big key will be stopping Green for them. You might remember the Triple Double he dropped on PSU in East Lansing.

The answer is: The MSU team that struggled against Iowa showed up today. ;D