PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Thanks to TJB

Total time logged in: 23 days, 6 hours and 39 minutes.

Hard to believe it’s 23 days I’ve spent hanging out with you lot, through the tough losses and great wins. Because of Tim, his sensible moderation policies, and countless hours of work administering the site, this is a special place. On a day like today, when everything seems right with the penn state basketball world, I just wanted to say thanks, especially after all you’ve been through this year.

I don’t frequent other PSU boards, but over the past few tourney games, I’ve been checking out what our opponent’s message boards and forums are like. It appears to me that we’ve got the best place to talk about college basketball in the conference, and maybe the country. PennStateHoops is a 1 seed, and although we’ll probably see more posters showing up now and traffic going through the roof as we play Cinderella at the dance, I have no doubt this place will continue to rock with TJB at the helm.

[quote=“bstanf, post:1, topic:2145”]Total time logged in: 23 days, 6 hours and 39 minutes.

Hard to believe it’s 23 days I’ve spent hanging out with you lot, through the tough losses and great wins. Because of Tim, his sensible moderation policies, and countless hours of work administering the site, this is a special place. On a day like today, when everything seems right with the penn state basketball world, I just wanted to say thanks, especially after all you’ve been through this year.

I don’t frequent other PSU boards, but over the past few tourney games, I’ve been checking out what our opponent’s message boards and forums are like. It appears to me that we’ve got the best place to talk about college basketball in the conference, and maybe the country. PennStateHoops is a 1 seed, and although we’ll probably see more posters showing up now and traffic going through the roof as we play Cinderella at the dance, I have no doubt this place will continue to rock with TJB at the helm.[/quote]

+1

+1

+1 too

+1, too bad there is no key for infinity.

+∞ :smiley:

+1, too bad there is no key for infinity.

+∞ :smiley:

:smiley:

23 days? What are you doing with your free time? I’m at 27 days, 2 hours and 50 minutes. My wife makes fun of me almost daily. :smiley:

I have no wife so I can almost double your time: ;D

Thanks Tim. You’ve created a little sports haven for all of us.

I’d say it is not even up for discussion, it is a fact that this is the best place for Penn State Basketball. Hell, I’d rather be in Deadwood than on the other boards. Thanks TJB.

;D

Total time logged in: 11 days, 13 hours and 42 minutes.

I guess I make my posts and get the hell out of dodge. :smiley:

Great post. I became aware of this board one day while on the B&W McAndrew board, where a poster was complaining that he had been “banned” from PennStateHoops.com.
It sent me here, I read the “Hoopacratic Oath” and was drawn to the fact that this was actually a chat board that had standards of behavior and decorum. I believe that was in the fall of 1998.
Think about that time frame. We are talking half a generation. Since then I have had 1 daughter high school graduation and 3 daughter college graduations, 3 marraiges (children) and in 2003 we had our first grandchild. We now have 8 grandchildren.
I read TJB’s Karma and I was thinking how wonderful it was to in a very, very small way, be part of witnessing the recovery Tim has been going through. After reading it myself, I mentioned it to my wife and began reading his words to her. I was reading along but when I got to the Universe part, suddenly and without warning (that’s the way it is with me) the lump came up in my throat and I labored reading the last 50 or so words.

Tonight I found out that the small bracket, run by a family friend will not be run this year. I have been a part of that bracket ever since March of 1999, which is the same basketball season I started on Tim’s site. I’m sorry to see that bracket go by the wayside. It was a good run, I’ll miss it. I’ll just celebrate that pennstatehoops.com lives on and its administrator continues to get back to 100%. Tim thanks for everything.

Ditto all above. :smiley:

Add me to the “thanks Tim” list. Also - best wishes for your continued march on the road to full recovery.

Thanks TJB.

I’m on Deadwood!!!

I do have a wife and I’m not that far behind ya Lar: 40 days, 9 hours and 37 minutes! ;D

Thanks Timbo, U ROCK!

OK… I gotta this this off my chest.

Tim, you ruined the internet for me. I mean, really. If it wasn’t for you and all the goings on here, my expectations of all the other boards and such on-line would fully meet my expectations. Now, because of this place, everytime I go looking for nice people and intellegent conversation on other topics of interest, they all leave me flat. The number of hot-headed, dumb-a** blowhards out there is just astounding… some of whom even have nasty things to say about Dave Jones! Imagine!!!

Of course, this fails to mention the lost productivity, anger from Mrs H. wondering I could be doing typing away at a keyboard at midnight after a hard week of work on the very same computer (“Aren’t you sick of that thing yet!”), and other such losses of a normal exsistence I’ve had to suffer becuase of this place.

Tim, the rest of the whole internet sucks compared to this little community we have going here… thanks a lot, Pal.

;D (VERY tounge and cheek, of course!)

Tim - Thanks for everything that you do for the board. It’s nice to have a place on the internet for civil discussion about something that I love, it seems that getting people to act “normally” is difficult to do on an internet forum these days.

BWI is still full of football fans that dabble in hoops for 3 weeks a year and many talk like they know what they’re saying when they don’t. The FOS hoops forum has been cleaned up a lot this season and actually has some solid discussion at times, but other times you get posts like this that came out this morning…

“Ed’s strategy of winding the clock down to less than 7 seconds throughout the tourney was an embarrasment!! He calls time outs when he shouldn’t and allows other teams to make runs way too long! I have never seen an offense run by any his teams. Bottom line is he is a terrible coach at this level. This years team could have done so much more with a real head coach.”