Televised game today?

Hi guys,

I am new to this, this is my first post, so I just want to start out by saying hello and that I am excited to be talking with all of you. I have to work today until 3:30, and I want to come right home and be able to watch the game on TV (if it is televised). So without any further procrastination, here is my idiotic question: Is the game on television? If so where will it be broadcast?

Thanks a lot

Nevermind, I got my answer ESPNU. Sorry for the waste of a post! haha

Correct. I worry that the game before ours goes long and we miss tip off.

What would be really nice. If the SID checked around and found out which ESPNU channels wouldf be carrying today’s game. Fox-Pittsburgh?, Comcast?, a little work but his responsibility might include this for the “fans”.

What do you mean?

ESPNU isn’t regionalized. The game will be carried everywhere.

Plus you seem to have things confused.

ESPNU is a channel. Fox Sports Pittsburgh is a channel. Comcast is a cable company.

ESPNU will never be on Fox Sports’ channels. And if you are asking the SID to list which cable systems carry ESPNU, that’s a little absurd. There are thousands of cable systems out there. It doesn’t make sense for the SID to figure out which cable systems carry ESPNU on which package. It makes a lot more sense for an individual viewer to know whether their cable system carries ESPNU and if they have signed up for the right package to get it.

Sounds like he may have confused ESPNU with ESPN+

ESPNU games are on ESPN360, correct? At least, I hope so, because otherwise ill have to follow gametracker again during class tonight… bummer

[quote=“tjp5016, post:1, topic:286”]Hi guys,

I am new to this, this is my first post, so I just want to start out by saying hello and that I am excited to be talking with all of you. I have to work today until 3:30, and I want to come right home and be able to watch the game on TV (if it is televised). So without any further procrastination, here is my idiotic question: Is the game on television? If so where will it be broadcast?

Thanks a lot[/quote]

Hey man, welcome aboard! No stupid questions here, just jump right in and join the conversation.

Ehh, I’m looking and it doesn’t appear the game is on ESPN360. Does anyone have a link to a free stream, by any chance? I checked channelsurfing.net and cam up empty.

Gotcha. That would make some sense.

[quote="Slash, post:6, topic:286"]Sounds like he may have confused ESPNU with ESPN+[/quote]

Gotcha. That would make some sense.

And the reference to Comcast was probably about the channel that carries the Phillies / Sixers / Flyers / Rendell Eagles’ postgame show, etc. I believe it’s called Comcast Sportsnet, but that might have changed. I rarely watch that channel.

Cablevision doesn’t carry espnu. DirectTV does as basic channel, which started this year. Sports bars, like Dave & Buster’s(where I’m headed at 3:45) carry it. Any bar/club which has DirectTV has it. Don’t know it it’s streamed anywhere. Does anyone know this? In the past, I think justintv carried some espnu games, but don’t know about today’s game.

I have Class at 4:45. Time to skip!

sort’ve depends on the people streaming the stuff. generally a game of this magnitude doesn’t garner enough interest for anybody to bother, but i suppose if you went over to justin.tv and started asking around you might find somebody willing to stream it.

Class at 4:15…doing the same :wink:

[quote="noobd, post:13, topic:286"]I have Class at 4:45. Time to skip![/quote]

No wonder why the US is falling behind in education. :wink:

And if you do, please include a link here, so the rest of us can watch!

[quote="noobd, post:13, topic:286"]I have Class at 4:45. Time to skip![/quote]

No wonder why the US is falling behind in education. :wink:

Its a BS class anyway. Not my fault! :stuck_out_tongue:

On the same note, does anyone have a link to the radio broadcast online for those of us at work?

Mason/'Nova is running slow with a lot of whistles…10:25 still to go. They did not tip off right at 2 p.m.

So, we finally get a live Penn State game on TV and we’re, gut feeling, going to miss tip off (hopefully not much more).