Taran's LOI

It’s the beginning of the early signing period. Anyone know when we should be expecting Buie’s LOI?

Taran has signed his letter of intent. Attached is the release for the PSU sports department. We can now officially welcome to Penn State Taran. May you Taran help lead Penn State to Big Ten and NCAA prominence in your time in State College :slight_smile:

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111109aab.html

Taran:

Welcome aboard, happy your here and look forward to watching you over the next four years. Good luck in your studies and career.

PAP '58

In Taran’s words:

With that in mind, he’s said that he would stick around for his fourth year. Do you consider it a sure thing that he’ll stay for his senior year?

Buie: No, I told him like this, I said, Man, if you do your numbers this year and they’re calling your name, you gotta go. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be all right. Don’t worry about me. You do your thing and we’ll meet up on that road ahead.

[quote=“bem5047, post:4, topic:218”]In Taran’s words:

With that in mind, he’s said that he would stick around for his fourth year. Do you consider it a sure thing that he’ll stay for his senior year?

Buie: No, I told him like this, I said, Man, if you do your numbers this year and they’re calling your name, you gotta go. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be all right. Don’t worry about me. You do your thing and we’ll meet up on that road ahead.[/quote]

I’ve been looking forward to a lineup of Battle, Buie, Babb, Brooks, and Borovnjak being on the floor together, so Battle can’t turn pro yet.

Buie: No, I told him like this, I said, Man, if you do your numbers this year and they’re calling your name, you gotta go. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be all right. Don’t worry about me. You do your thing and we’ll meet up on that road ahead.[/quote]

From BWI’s interview

[quote="bem5047, post:4, topic:218"]In Taran's words:

From BWI’s interview

Thanks … was wondering where that quote came from.

I’ve been looking forward to a lineup of Battle, Buie, Babb, Brooks, and Borovnjak being on the floor together, so Battle can’t turn pro yet.

Welcome to the family Taran…but I guess you already were part of the family. :slight_smile:

If Battle leaves after this season, maybe we can bring back Freddie Barnes, so we can see Barnes, Buie, Babb, Brooks and Borovnjak. Add Calvin Booth, Money Brown and Stephen Bekale off the bench.

Sounds like Taran is going to try to be a point guard when comes to PSU. It sounds like Ed like the double PG tandem for his teams into the future.

Quite the dilemma for PSU fans. Do they want Battle to get good numbers, but not good enough to go pro this year, and come back like Scottie Reynolds? Not sure why Reynolds didn’t turn pro. Maybe he felt he’d be down on the list. I expect this year that a bunch of Big 10 non-senior players could go, Harris, Lucas, Battle, Turner, Buford, and maybe Hummel and JaJuan Johnson. IMO, Talor will get the numbers.

That last part interesting, “we’ll meet up on that road ahead.” These brothers certainly don’t lack confidence. Sure would be fun to see them play together. As a HS freshman playing with Talor, the 1st half of the season he was raw, a little loose with the ball, etc., but you could see the talent. By season’s end he was one of best players on the team, scoring 10 off the bench as a 15 year old in the state championship game vs. Mt. Vernon. That MV team had 3 DI players, now at WVU(Jones), Rutgers(Coburn) and George Mason(Wright). I think he’ll make an immediate splash at PSU. Awesome defender. He’ll be the best on the team at it vs. #2 guards. Can shut guys down big time.

Kind of surprised that you of all people would hype Talor that way. :wink: :wink:

I hope you’re right, but also hope he comes back next year.

Talor seems to bleed blue and white. I think he wants this program to become something special more then anyone else in the world. I think he wants to be that guy to do so, saying that I don’t see him leaving early. I’m confident he’ll be back.

Buie is going to be one exciting player. It’ll be an advantage he will be so comfortable and familiar with everything right from the get go. There usually is a period of time a player goes through to get this comfortably level up. It usually will be just in early practices, however Taran will be able to bypass this all. This should be big for his early production.

[quote=“Pizzaman, post:12, topic:218”]Talor seems to bleed blue and white. I think he wants this program to become something special more then anyone else in the world. I think he wants to be that guy to do so, saying that I don’t see him leaving early. I’m confident he’ll be back.

Buie is going to be one exciting player. It’ll be an advantage he will be so comfortable and familiar with everything right from the get go. There usually is a period of time a player goes through to get this comfortably level up. It usually will be just in early practices, however Taran will be able to bypass this all. This should be big for his early production.[/quote]

He is an exciting player. He’s not the trey shooter Talor is, but he can be scary on D. He can really get in a player’s face. espn said he could be an elite defender, and that’s spot on. Like Talor, fearless going to the hole, and as he’s mentioned himself, he’s a banger who likes to play above the rim. Locals should see some of his HS games.

[quote="Pizzaman, post:12, topic:218"]Talor seems to bleed blue and white. I think he wants this program to become something special more then anyone else in the world. I think he wants to be that guy to do so, saying that I don't see him leaving early. I'm confident he'll be back.

Buie is going to be one exciting player. It’ll be an advantage he will be so comfortable and familiar with everything right from the get go. There usually is a period of time a player goes through to get this comfortably level up. It usually will be just in early practices, however Taran will be able to bypass this all. This should be big for his early production.[/quote]

He is an exciting player. He’s not the trey shooter Talor is, but he can be scary on D. He can really get in a player’s face. espn said he could be an elite defender, and that’s spot on. Like Talor, fearless going to the hole, and as he’s mentioned himself, he’s a banger who likes to play above the rim. Locals should see some of his HS games.

That is great to hear about his defense. Drew Frank’s team have always been excellent defending teams. They should be fun to watch.

May I propose the nickname “The Penn State B Party,” if this happens?