Taran Buie Video Breakdown

I was going to just post this here but it would make the post really long and a pain to sift through. So if you’re interested check it out here. Sorry for the blog link, I wanted to share it here but its just too long to post here.
http://the22000.wordpress.com/2009/12/30/on-the-spot-taran-buie-videos/

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:567”]I was going to just post this here but it would make the post really long and a pain to sift through. So if you’re interested check it out here. Sorry for the blog link, I wanted to share it here but its just too long to post here.
http://the22000.wordpress.com/2009/12/30/on-the-spot-taran-buie-videos/[/quote]

Taran Buie Dunk

More impressive than the dunk is his footwork on his defense after the play as he stays in front of the ball handler.

BTW - he wasn’t called for the foul, the other State College kid was, but it could almost have been a charge the way the George Junior kid leaned into Buie.

After watching the game last night it is comical to see what passes for defense in high school.

Lar, it looks like it was called a charge, at least by the reaction of the opponent. I think he’ll be PSU’s best defender next year, and can shutdown top scroring guards. epsn described him saying, “he can be an elite defender.” I’ve never seen better. He’s not as physically strong as Purdue’s Kramer, but he’s a lot quicker. Less of a deny the ball type as Kramer is, more of an in your face once you have the ball type. You’re dead right on the footwork, and I think that’s the key to his strong defense. Fundamentally strong. Long arms don’t hurt.

I like this video, courtesy of PSUBLJ. When the shot’s not there, he goes to plan B, and his handle is so good, he makes it look easy. He will drive more than Talor does. The extra height and great ups is good combo.

Taran Buie draws a foul

With letters like BLJ, you should consider a Presidential run. If you’re still a student, at least class president. Byndon Laines Johnson.

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:567”]I was going to just post this here but it would make the post really long and a pain to sift through. So if you’re interested check it out here. Sorry for the blog link, I wanted to share it here but its just too long to post here.
http://the22000.wordpress.com/2009/12/30/on-the-spot-taran-buie-videos/[/quote]

Good stuff NGameday, thanks!

<+1 virtual karma point>

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:4, topic:567”]Lar, it looks like it was called a charge, at least by the reaction of the opponent. I think he’ll be PSU’s best defender next year, and can shutdown top scroring guards. epsn described him saying, “he can be an elite defender.” I’ve never seen better. He’s not as physically strong as Purdue’s Kramer, but he’s a lot quicker. Less of a deny the ball type as Kramer is, more of an in your face once you have the ball type. You’re dead right on the footwork, and I think that’s the key to his strong defense. Fundamentally strong. Long arms don’t hurt.

I like this video, courtesy of PSUBLJ. When the shot’s not there, he goes to plan B, and his handle is so good, he makes it look easy. He will drive more than Talor does. The extra height and great ups is good combo.

I think he really is an elite defender when he is maning up u can tell he has a whole other gear.and Im psublj so I’m glad u like the videos! I took them with the intention of sharing them here so I’m glad it was worth it. I have a few more of him going to option b,but they are on my YouTube link at the bottom of the post

Taran Buie draws a foul

With letters like BLJ, you should consider a Presidential run. If you’re still a student, at least class president. Byndon Laines Johnson.[/quote]

[quote="kidcoyote, post:4, topic:567"]Lar, it looks like it was called a charge, at least by the reaction of the opponent. I think he'll be PSU's best defender next year, and can shutdown top scroring guards. epsn described him saying, "he can be an elite defender." I've never seen better. He's not as physically strong as Purdue's Kramer, but he's a lot quicker. Less of a deny the ball type as Kramer is, more of an in your face once you have the ball type. You're dead right on the footwork, and I think that's the key to his strong defense. Fundamentally strong. Long arms don't hurt.

I think he really is an elite defender when he is maning up u can tell he has a whole other gear.and Im psublj so I’m glad u like the videos! I took them with the intention of sharing them here so I’m glad it was worth it. I have a few more of him going to option b,but they are on my YouTube link at the bottom of the post

Taran Buie draws a foul

With letters like BLJ, you should consider a Presidential run. If you’re still a student, at least class president. Byndon Laines Johnson.[/quote]

NGameday, are you BLJ?

Defense in college(or pros) not so steady either. IMO, Taran will be a guy who can shut guys like Westbrook down. As I don’t consider Taran a 1, and he’s really not one to control an offense with the ball in his hands, being more of an off the ball player who looks to beat his opponent when he receives the ball, he should have the energy to play really tough D. Talor, on the other hand, is required to do too much. Playing 40 minutes, breaking the press, double teamed in the halfcourt in numerous traps, receiving the ball with 3 seconds on the shot clokc, asking him to shut guys down is just not going to happen. With Taran, different story. On offense, if Taran gets the ball at the arc, I see him trying to finish at the hole a whole bunch. He’ll get some decent trey looks after he beats his cover to the hole a few times. He’ll also get fouled a ton. IMO, his attitude going to the hole is, until you stop me, I’m going to keep doing it. IMO, teams will no longer be able to concentrate their efforts on Talor.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:4, topic:567"]Lar, it looks like it was called a charge, at least by the reaction of the opponent. I think he'll be PSU's best defender next year, and can shutdown top scroring guards. epsn described him saying, "he can be an elite defender." I've never seen better. He's not as physically strong as Purdue's Kramer, but he's a lot quicker. Less of a deny the ball type as Kramer is, more of an in your face once you have the ball type. You're dead right on the footwork, and I think that's the key to his strong defense. Fundamentally strong. Long arms don't hurt.

Taran Buie draws a foul

NGameday, are you BLJ?

Yep thats me! I struggled with my first reply because I was trying to trype from an Ipod touch and I’m still getting used to it. My actual comment got mixed in with your qoute.

Nah. He called a reach in on the State College kid. The George Jr kid thought the ref was pointing at him but he really was pointing at the kid lying on the floor behind him.

So, are you running for office?

I guess you had a full night of bball, racing back to the TV after the SCAHS game.

[quote="NGameday, post:9, topic:567"]Yep thats me! I struggled with my first reply because I was trying to trype from an Ipod touch and I'm still getting used to it. My actual comment got mixed in with your qoute.[/quote]

I guess you had a full night of bball, racing back to the TV after the SCAHS game.

I should run for office, I’m actually a political science major, but I’m interning with the government for intellgence not politics.

And it was a pretty packed night, I was ready to leave early to catch the start of our game but it ended in time and I dont live that far away so it was a quick drive.

[quote="NGameday, post:9, topic:567"]Yep thats me! I struggled with my first reply because I was trying to trype from an Ipod touch and I'm still getting used to it. My actual comment got mixed in with your qoute.[/quote]

I should run for office, I’m actually a political science major, but I’m interning with the government for intellgence not politics.

And it was a pretty packed night, I was ready to leave early to catch the start of our game but it ended in time and I dont live that far away so it was a quick drive.

“intelligence not politics” - ya know, those are often VERY different things ;D

“intelligence not politics” - ya know, those are often VERY different things ;D

haha I was enjoying the irony myself actually as I wrote that