PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Taran Buie twitter

http://twitter.com/Ron_Boog2

This could get interesting. I hope he’s at least back practicing with the team soon. With as well as everyone else is playing he could help push the team over the top. Plus, the 2011-2010 roster looks a little better with his name on it.

Well that’s pretty open to interpretation.

Next year’s roster would look a lot better if Buie grew about 6-8" in the offseason :slight_smile:

Not sure at all what to take from those postings. If the team was losing all their games maybe Ed would be more compelled to bring him back. But the fact is the team is having success so I guess it makes it easier for the suspension to last longer. I still don’t think we’re going to see him play for a while.

I hope he comes back soon.

I’m starting to think something really wacky happened like Talor caught Taran beer bonging at a Christmas party and insisted to Ed that his bro be suspended for ‘x’ amount of games.

[quote=“MillionaireMagic, post:4, topic:1797”]I hope he comes back soon.

I’m starting to think something really wacky happened like Talor caught Taran beer bonging at a Christmas party and insisted to Ed that his bro be suspended for ‘x’ amount of games. [/quote]

That’s not reality.

These are college kids, they do things like beer bonging. It sure doesn’t lead to indefinite suspensions.

When they say “team violation”, I believe it. I would guess that it has something to do with 1.) cutting class or grades 2.) late for team meetings or workouts or 3.) additude with coaches. Again, these would be guesses.

I think we was pushing low-interest ARMs to people who could not afford them, marketing batches of them as AAA-rated bonds, then turning around and shorting them. All against team rules.

That’s what I say he did. Of course, it’s just a guess.

[quote="MillionaireMagic, post:4, topic:1797"]I hope he comes back soon.

I’m starting to think something really wacky happened like Talor caught Taran beer bonging at a Christmas party and insisted to Ed that his bro be suspended for ‘x’ amount of games.[/quote]

That’s not reality.

These are college kids, they do things like beer bonging. It sure doesn’t lead to indefinite suspensions.

When they say “team violation”, I believe it. I would guess that it has something to do with 1.) cutting class or grades 2.) late for team meetings or workouts or 3.) additude with coaches. Again, these would be guesses.

Ah don’t think your barking up the right tree with your guesses.

[quote="MillionaireMagic, post:4, topic:1797"]I hope he comes back soon.

I’m starting to think something really wacky happened like Talor caught Taran beer bonging at a Christmas party and insisted to Ed that his bro be suspended for ‘x’ amount of games.[/quote]

That’s not reality.

Ah don’t think your barking up the right tree with your guesses.

Taran was hanging his pit bull that just lost a dogfight from a tree and Dan Earl caught him doing it?? :smiley:

C’mon Taran–get your penance done quickly and get back out on the court.

[quote=“tjb, post:6, topic:1797”]I think we was pushing low-interest ARMs to people who could not afford them, marketing batches of them as AAA-rated bonds, then turning around and shorting them. All against team rules.

That’s what I say he did. Of course, it’s just a guess.[/quote]

LMAO! :smiley:

[quote=“tjb, post:6, topic:1797”]I think we was pushing low-interest ARMs to people who could not afford them, marketing batches of them as AAA-rated bonds, then turning around and shorting them. All against team rules.

Haha. Love it.

I read on the CBS Sports forum that Taran got into a fight and it was “pretty serious.” Not sure if it’s reliable or not (coming from a member of the band) but it’s something to think about.

I tried to make this point sardonically, but I guess I should be moderator clear: I don’t think anonymous Internet speculation is appropriate.

Anyone willing to sign their real name to a post is free to speculate at will about what a 20-year-old whose family visits here often may or may not have done…

Excellent post!

It’s a team/family matter and really none of our business. Yes, I wish Taran could be in unifrom and playing, but we have no idea what transpired and it’s all just speculation at this point. I wish Taran the best and hope he can be back on the court soon. Enough said.

I concur, hope the matter get cleared up soon and Taylor gets to play a little of his senior year with his brother.

I didn’t think there was any penalty for this…

[quote="tjb, post:6, topic:1797"]I think we was pushing low-interest ARMs to people who could not afford them, marketing batches of them as AAA-rated bonds, then turning around and shorting them. All against team rules.

I didn’t think there was any penalty for this…

only if he was somehow including his tattoos, uniform, and Talor’s NIT championship merchandise in the portfolios.

[quote="JohnT, post:15, topic:1797"]I didn't think there was any penalty for this...[/quote] only if he was somehow including his tattoos, uniform, and Talor's NIT championship merchandise in the portfolios.
If that is what happened, he should still be allowed to finish the current season but suspended for the first 5 games of 2011-12.

He must not have been willing to give Ed his word that he’d be back next season to serve the suspension. Cue up the transfer rumors. :o

Not to sound cold, but I don’t care what Taran did, nor do I give it one minute of thought as to the ramifications of his actions or his future with the team. If he comes back, he comes back and I’ll be a fan of his again if and only if he takes the opportunity that has been handed to him as a Division 1 student athlete seriously.

My sister was a Division 1 athlete who had a partial scholly. She never took that fact for granted, ever. I wouldn’t let her do that, even when she was going through some tough times as we all do. Instead, she became a model student (Dean’s List, no less) and represented herself and her team well over the course of her four years at PSU.

Again, I don’t want to sound cold, nor do I want to speculate as to what if anything happened, but I hope Taran realizes the opportunity he has been given in life and be a man about his actions.

(Laughing.)