PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Talor Battle's status?

Just when we thought things couldn’t get any worse:

Ben_Jones88 Ben Jones Talor Battle went directly to the hospital after tonight's game to x-ray his hand.

Anyone know anything about this?

Nobody on the radio mentioned he had an injury. If it didn’t seem like much throughout the whole game then it probably isn’t anything to worry about. Also who is this source you are using?

I noticed him grab his hand late in the game, I think it was his left hand but am not sure.

Somebody mentioned Buie had his thumb taped. Perhaps it’s mistaken identity? They do look a bit alike.

Thanks for mentioning that. No one else had been discussing it.

I happen to be said source. That’s what I was told on press row tonight. Already have a few txts out to some people to see what I can find out.

Thanks gameday. Would be great if we get some someone to confirm or deny. Hopeful we’ll get a denial. By the way if you run that victory bells blog, nicely done. I enjoy reading it.

Thanks! I’ve been slacking as of late because of finals but I’m hoping to pick it back up over break.

Thanks Ben, keep us updated!

[quote=“noobd, post:1, topic:1666”]Just when we thought things couldn’t get any worse:

[quote]Ben_Jones88 Ben Jones
Talor Battle went directly to the hospital after tonight’s game to x-ray his hand.[/quote]

Anyone know anything about this?[/quote]
I heard Steve Jones say it on the post-game. Followed by Dick adding that things could go from bad to worse.

Thanks mid-court. That’s pretty much confirmation right there.

[quote="noobd, post:1, topic:1666"]Just when we thought things couldn't get any worse:

[quote]Ben_Jones88 Ben Jones
Talor Battle went directly to the hospital after tonight’s game to x-ray his hand.[/quote]

Anyone know anything about this?[/quote]
I heard Steve Jones say it on the post-game. Followed by Dick adding that things could go from bad to worse.

Actually the only bad thing about that would be that Talor’s senior season and his assault on the record books would be affected. When Geary went down it actually turned out to be a positive.

Not only would it be horrible for Talor, but it would give Curley and ED leverage to excuse this season. ::slight_smile:

Exactly. They want any excuses.

Not a chance. There is too many other seniors on this team. Even if Talor goes down there is no excuses anymore. The talent is there they just don’t play as a team.

[quote="noobd, post:13, topic:1666"]Not only would it be horrible for Talor, but it would give Curley and ED leverage to excuse this season. ::)[/quote] Not a chance. There is too many other seniors on this team. Even if Talor goes down there is no excuses anymore. The talent is there they just don't play as a team.

He hurt the hand with about two minutes left in the game. He did go to Mt. Nittany Hospital after the game.

[quote="noobd, post:13, topic:1666"]Not only would it be horrible for Talor, but it would give Curley and ED leverage to excuse this season. ::)[/quote] Not a chance. There is too many other seniors on this team. Even if Talor goes down there is no excuses anymore. The talent is there they just don't play as a team.

He hurt the hand with about two minutes left in the game. He did go to Mt. Nittany Hospital after the game.

I hope he is fine. What I am saying is “IF” he is hurt and can’t play, which I hope he isn’t and can play. But if he is hurt and can’t play again and we go 3-15 in the Big 10 again and lose 1st round of B10 Tourney Ed and Curley have not 1 excuse. There is too many seniors, too much experience, too much other untapped talent to bring Ed back next year.

I agree that no matter what happens this season there should be 0 excuses. But I’m also telling you they will use whatever they can use to formulate an excuse so that Ed can stay on.

I hope he is fine. What I am saying is “IF” he is hurt and can’t play, which I hope he isn’t and can play. But if he is hurt and can’t play again and we go 3-15 in the Big 10 again and lose 1st round of B10 Tourney Ed and Curley have not 1 excuse. There is too many seniors, too much experience, too much other untapped talent to bring Ed back next year.

Who are the three wins? I thought Michigan and Iowa early in the year. Now I am not so sure

When Geary went down it was one thing. That team had these guys and Mel. These guys were all freshmen. Now we have 4 Seniors and we lost by 10 to Maine, did I just really type that?