PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Talor Battle in France

http://youtu.be/0ZYDJ2aUq8I

Not sure if it’s been posted before but just found this and thought it was something you guys would enjoy.

Awesome video. With play like that, what happened with his playing time at Cholet? I didn’t realize they played Turkish teams. Big distances. 2745 km from Paris to Istanbul. Sorta thought games were more local.

Not sure if it's been posted before but just found this and thought it was something you guys would enjoy.

Awesome video. With play like that, what happened with his playing time at Cholet? I didn’t realize they played Turkish teams. Big distances. 2745 km from Paris to Istanbul. Sorta thought games were more local.

This looks like a Euro game. In Europe, teams play a domestic league, and some qualify for an additional European competition.

I thought Euro 3 second lanes (the paint) were Trapezoids with a wider base on the endline. In the video the paint looks like the US rectangle shape!

[quote="WEARE, post:1, topic:2944"]Not sure if it's been posted before but just found this and thought it was something you guys would enjoy.[/quote]

This looks like a Euro game. In Europe, teams play a domestic league, and some qualify for an additional European competition.

Almost. That was their opening Euroleague qualifying game that they lost to Cibona. That loss dropped them back into EuroCup play for the season. Cibona also lost later and fell to EuropCup play too.

FTR - Cibonia is a Croatian team not a Turkish team (there is a Turkish team in the EuroCup but it isn’t Cibona). I’m guessing that Kid got confused by the fact that Turkish Airlines is the title sponsor of the EuroLeague.

That changed last year.

I never understood how those teams could make money when you hardly ever see anything resembling a decent crowd at any of those EuroGames.

That game was so empty that the squeak from their sneakers echoed through the arena.

I always thought a lot of those clubs weren’t expected to make money. They were just hobbies and status symbols for their rich owners.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:7, topic:2944”]I never understood how those teams could make money when you hardly ever see anything resembling a decent crowd at any of those EuroGames.

That game was so empty that the squeak from their sneakers echoed through the arena.[/quote]

That was basically a preseason game between a French team and a Croatian team being played in Lithuania on a Thursday evening. Not too surprising that nobody was in attendance.

[quote="Skeeza, post:7, topic:2944"]I never understood how those teams could make money when you hardly ever see anything resembling a decent crowd at any of those EuroGames.

That game was so empty that the squeak from their sneakers echoed through the arena.[/quote]

That was basically a preseason game between a French team and a Croatian team being played in Lithuania on a Thursday evening. Not too surprising that nobody was in attendance.

I don’t know much about Euro Basketball, but I don’t understand how a Euroleague qualifying game is considered to be just a preseason game.

[quote="Skeeza, post:7, topic:2944"]I never understood how those teams could make money when you hardly ever see anything resembling a decent crowd at any of those EuroGames.

I don’t know much about Euro Basketball, but I don’t understand how a Euroleague qualifying game is considered to be just a preseason game.

It’s not a preseason game. Qualifying for the Euroleauge is like qualifying for the Champions League in soccer. These games are very important.

Probably not phrased well on my part. A better choice would have been the opening round game of a conference tournament played very far from home. This game was the opening game of a EuroLeague qualifying tournament. In order to get into the EuroLeague, a team has to win three straight games over the weekend. Lose and you are out.

A similar deal would be a team trying to play their way into the NCAAs when they have to win their conference championship. Nobody but a few diehard fans would show up for a Thursday round opening game of the conference tournament. Probably no locals would be there but they might show up for the championship on Sunday. Toss in the fact that Lithuania is over 1000 miles from Paris and Croatia and it’s not the least bit surprising to see that nobody was there.

What language? Lithuanian? Here’s the box. How did he get into the doghouse after display like this? Parsons is in the freakin’ NBA. He nor Byars showed up for this one. Talor dominated yet was 5th in minutes. Any contribution by either Byars or Parsons and they probably pull this one out.

http://www.cholet-basket.com/UserFiles/File/Stats%2011-12/Stats%20Euroleague%20Cibona-CB%2029-09-11.pdf

What language? Lithuanian? Here’s the box. How did he get into the doghouse after display like this? Parsons is in the freakin’ NBA. He nor Byars showed up for this one. Talor dominated yet was 5th in minutes. Any contribution by either Byars or Parsons and they probably pull this one out.

http://www.cholet-basket.com/UserFiles/File/Stats%2011-12/Stats%20Euroleague%20Cibona-CB%2029-09-11.pdf

One game does not a season make.

One game does not a season make.

Thanks, Yoda. :wink: