PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Talor Battle: An Illini Perspective

In the spirit of our impending win (*knock on wood) tomorrow, I give you this gem. I love that a PSU guard can still haunt other B10 fanbases.

http://www.hailtotheorange.com/2012/1/16/2711674/talor-battle-a-retrospective-on-basketball-trolling

Excellent find, thank you.

I think that first video was Eric17’s moment in the sun.

Still my favorite game ever at the BJC.

A few things… He did not start every game freshmen year. Also, I HATED when the students rushed the court. After his game winner it was awesome because it should have sealed the deal for us making the tournament, but after that it was annoying when they did it about 3 times a year. It was almost embarrassing…

I do love the fact that we (Penn State) always managed to step it up against Illinois. They would always be ranked and we were always as good if not better so it felt good beating them. I also love that people respect what Talor did. We knew he was great, but cause of the name on the front of the jersey, he wasn’t always given the respect he deserved.

Yes, excellent find. Sounds like that writer was spooked by him. On the starts, yes it wasn’t every game, but I think it was only game #1 and senior night that he didn’t start. IMO, the Seton Hall game was his coming out game, with Rodriguez going nuts on the sidelines making it even more enjoyable.

Thank you for the link. The shot from the logo is still my all time favorite TB moment. And he had a lot of moments.

He started senior night. Mike Walker and Brandon Hassel were the only senior starters. Pringle and Jones sat out to allow Walker and Hassel to start.

The only game he didn’t start his freshman year was his first.

Oh, glory days.

“The always eerily empty Bryce Jordan Center.” That’s a funny line.

You know, that does give us a home court advantage of sorts at times. The other teams are used to full, loud arenas and when they get to the BJC and the atmosphere is so different, it can really throw off their energy level.

"The always eerily empty Bryce Jordan Center." That's a funny line.
You know, that does give us a home court advantage of sorts at times. The other teams are used to full, loud arenas and when they get to the BJC and the atmosphere is so different, it can really throw off their energy level.

Maybe we can hang ghosts and ghouls, dress the team like the dance troop from “Thriller”. Get a home court advantage SOMEHOW !!!

[quote="JohnT, post:3, topic:2993"]I think that first video was Eric17's moment in the sun.[/quote]

Oh, glory days.

ha ha - nice!

I join in thanking you for this link.

This story and the accompanying videos really brightened up my morning as well. Thanks so much for posting, Bleed.

Battle’s legend will continue to grow and grow I feel. The amount of respect from around the league that he garnered in his years at PSU was and, I guess, continues to be tremendous.

No doubt in my mind that if he played for either UNC or Duke that he would have shined and everyone from Jay Bilas to Dickie V to, yes, even Clark Kellogg, would have been drooling all over his game.

Talor Battle
Number: Troll

:slight_smile:

Loved that article.

You know it’s money…

Thank you for the link. The shot from the logo is still my all time favorite TB moment. And he had a lot of moments.

You know it’s money…

+infinity :slight_smile:

Tim Frazier, I think you have gained in troll status from the Illini nation today. Here is your song for the day:

trolololo

[quote=“rwd5035, post:19, topic:2993”]Tim Frazier, I think you have gained in troll status from the Illini nation today. Here is your song for the day:

trolololo[/quote]

Where do you find this stuff?

That is disturbing.