Talor at the Nike Skills Camp

ESPN Blog

The blog only lists that he participated and has a link to the rosters, nothing on his performance.

Also Myles Davis an '11 recruit is mentioned as being one of the top shooters among the HS players.

Here’s some more info with heights, weights and wingspans. Talor is officially 6’0". Same height Jonny Flynn measured at the combine. No mention of the play. Sullinger is a whopper. 6’9", 286. Wow. Uh oh, I see height was measured in sneakers. Talor measured 6’, 161 lbs. Isiah Thomas was 5’11", 189.

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/06/28/nike_skills_academies_complete_high_school,_college_rosters

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:2, topic:1244”]Here’s some more info with heights, weights and wingspans. Talor is officially 6’0". Same height Jonny Flynn measured at the combine. No mention of the play. Sullinger is a whopper. 6’9", 286. Wow. Uh oh, I see height was measured in sneakers. Talor measured 6’, 161 lbs. Isiah Thomas was 5’11", 189.

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/06/28/nike_skills_academies_complete_high_school,_college_rosters[/quote]

From what I’ve been reading the 161 lbs is a much bigger issue than the 6’.

Great for Talor to be at this camp and actually PLAY (5-5 full court) against his peers. Hope many NBA scouts were available!
After the sham/shame of the NBA early draft evaluation period I think of lot of the players were dying to show their stuff.
Remember next years draft is less than a year away! ::slight_smile:

Myles Davis is a big time recruit - his stock should soar if him and Tyrone Johnson play together at Plainfield HS (NJ).

He has since been invited to work the Lebron James camp.

Fantastic. Does that happen because college players get recommended by the prior camp, in this case by Deron Williams? Seems like quite an honor.

Yes your camp performance determines if you are invited to the Lebron Camp. He was called last night. He has been working extremely hard this summer. I am very proud of his work ethic even though I have only seen him maybe 5 times total. >:( He said he is ready for this season and looks forward to getting this team to make some noise.

Wow, that’s awesome! Give him our congratulations - if you get to see him again this summer :wink:

So, if the NBA doesn’t workk out, maybe he has a future in coaching.

Seeing how Penn State likes to hire in-house, maybe we’ll see him on the sidelines some day !!! :slight_smile:

Sounds great. I’d like to see him dunk on LeBron like that player did last year. :wink: What’s Taran doing this summer?

Congrats to him, and to you!

Lebron HS and College Rosters: http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/07/05/lebron_james_high_school_and_college_rosters

Talor Battle, 6-0, 161, 73, Sr., Penn State William Buford, 6-5, 209, 82, Jr., Ohio State Demetri McCamey, 6-3, 203, 76 ½, Sr., Illinoi

Espn reports lebron stopped in for a workout at his camp today and scrimmaged with chris paul and others against some of the college stars. Wonder if talor got to hold court with the king himself?

Maybe Talor dunked on him like that kid did last year :smiley:

Dunk AKA Lebron stepped out of the way and he threw one down. ::slight_smile:

Does Talor Tweet? Surely he is on Facebook. I’d certainly be talking about playing hoops with Lebron and Chris Paul if I got the chance.

I used to play hoops at the church of a friend of mine. The one week I don’t show up Bobby Jones and Dennis Johnson do.

[quote="Whiteout, post:14, topic:1244"]Espn reports lebron stopped in for a workout at his camp today and scrimmaged with chris paul and others against some of the college stars. Wonder if talor got to hold court with the king himself?[/quote]

Does Talor Tweet? Surely he is on Facebook. I’d certainly be talking about playing hoops with Lebron and Chris Paul if I got the chance.

I used to play hoops at the church of a friend of mine. The one week I don’t show up Bobby Jones and Dennis Johnson do.

He does but not very often. He generally keeps to himself social networking wise so I wouldn’t expect any sorts of updates in that regard

Talor didnt get to play against them they played a full court game and then the winners got to play them however, same old story he was on the losing team but did get to watch some fun basketball. :smiley:

Highlights of Deron Williams camp. Talor’s #22.

Deron Williams Nike Basketball Skills Academy