Summer Chatter

Any news re the players and how they’re doing in summer games?

I heard a little bit of Jed Donohoe’s radio show on Saturday morning and there was an interview with Jeff Brooks. Not much of substance, but Jed remarked about how much bigger he looked than last year. Jeff mentioned that he’s been working on his mid-range game.

That sounds good, bigger and shooting from closer to the basket. IMO, from 15’ and in, he could be dangerous, as if he is covered, it’s only one bounce to the basket. Much easier to score inside that distance for him.

Re some other summer chatter, FWIW, the High School has open gyms. Here’s the sked. There’s one tonight! Sooo, let’s see some reports! :wink:

http://www.scasd.org/24974091585055/blank/browse.asp?A=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&C=58045

PSU’s hoops SID had a couple twitter updates about the team today:

“Team showing great attitude and work ethic. Veterans pushing the youngins, good vocal leadership. Coach Pantall fired up about our guys.”

“Great Basketball conditioning this pm. Frazier&Battle competing with each other hard. Going to push each other all season. Quick on Quick”

More twitter updates:

“David Jackson leads the team racking 21 reps on the 185-pound bench press. Doing us skinny guys proud.”

“Battle ran a 3.12 in the 3/4 court sprint. Frazier right behind at 3.2. NBA Combine average was 3.25, best was 3.03. Battle’s close”

[quote=“JakkL, post:2, topic:19”]I heard a little bit of Jed Donohoe’s radio show on Saturday morning and there was an interview with Jeff Brooks. Not much of substance, but Jed remarked about how much bigger he looked than last year. Jeff mentioned that he’s been working on his mid-range game.[/quote]The bigger the better. Jeff is going to be counted on big time to play down around the hoop with the bigs

so that puts battle about 2ft behind the fastest and 3 ft ahead of the avg?

I would think the 3/4 court sprint times would be “hand held.” Hand held times are very subjective.

mine would be sun dialed, also very subjective

I’m content in the fact that Battle and Frazier are FAST…

Right, and what matters most of all is how fast they are while dribbling a basketball.

“South Fayette HS standout Joe Silko has joined the MBB team as a walk-on. 5-10 guard, good shooter, quick hands.”

Ahh cool. I figured we might see a new walk-on or 2.

I can’t remember the name but did that kid from up north ever walk-on? Both of his parents are alums and he was a shooting guard if I remember correctly.

For those in State College tomorrow (Sat 9/12). Andrew Jones will be on 95.3 (3wz) @ 9:30am. Might provide some insight into the team.

For those outside of State College: 3WZ

Listened to Andrew this morning on radio, said some really good things about team. He speaks really well. Looking for him to do big things this season for this team. I see him bringing a lot of energy.

Despite the loss of Pringle, Danny and Jamelle, we have a veteran team returning. Andrew is in his fourth year in the program as is DJ. Talor is a returning two year starter. Jeff is in his third year in the program. I’m really psyched for this year.

I think you might be referring to Ryan Harro (sp?). I remember he was listed in the old recruiting thread. Said he was gonna try and walk-on. He was from Connecticut and I think he was a scoring point guard, but could be wrong about that. Don’t know if he joined the team.

Not really pertinent, and no longer summer, but didn’t think this deserved its own thread. Anyway, looking at roster yesterday for Joe Silko, to see if there was any info(there wasn’t) and anything on coach Pantall(wasn’t listed). Coach Pantall was listed in another thread. Is he a coach on the team?

I went through bios, and noticed a couple of things. Tomorrow is Talor’s 21st birthday, so if anybody sees him, buy him a beer milk. Also noticed that Sasa’s birthday is 7/30/89, so he’s quite old for a freshman, less than 1 year younger than Talor, and only 6 to 7 weeks younger than Jeff Brooks(6/12/89).