PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Student Section wearing blue this year?

Posted by the PSB Facebook…

Why the switch in colors? Nittany Nation has been wearing white since it was founded 6 years ago…

New attitude.

Can’t say I agree with this at all. Wearing white at games was one of the core founding principles and a hallmark of Nation’s brand identity.

Students have tried blue en masse at football games and it has failed. The Izzone switched to dark green for a season about a decade ago and it failed.

The Jordan Center is a dark arena as it is already, this just gives it an even darker, moribund appearance. Blue does NOT pop like white does.

[quote=“NationBuilder, post:3, topic:2752”]Can’t say I agree with this at all. Wearing white at games was one of the core founding principles and a hallmark of Nation’s brand identity.

Students have tried blue en masse at football games and it has failed. The Izzone switched to dark green for a season about a decade ago and it failed.

The Jordan Center is a dark arena as it is already, this just gives it an even darker, moribund appearance. Blue does NOT pop like white does.[/quote]

Well it wouldn’t be so freaking dark if they turned on the damn lights in that place.

But I agree to an extent…there’s so much blue at the Jordan Center already

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the wearing of white.

So wear white then. Don’t think you get kicked out of school for not wearing blue.

Don’t be so sure. I hear there’s a new attitude

[quote="mjg, post:6, topic:2752"]Don't think you get kicked out of school for not wearing blue.[/quote] Don't be so sure. I hear there's a new attitude

New Attitude…hmm…could Patti LaBelle be the mystery singer for Nov 2?

Good. Next step? Stop playing zombie freaking nation and get the blue band to stop playing the same 8 songs at every single PSU event. And lastly, retire the We Are chant please.

These would be my requests. This whole university needs some fresh ideas imo. Tradition is cool and all, but we’ve beaten these horses to a bloody pulp already. Save the important traditions for important moments, is my opinion.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:9, topic:2752”]Good. Next step? Stop playing zombie freaking nation and get the blue band to stop playing the same 8 songs at every single PSU event. And lastly, retire the We Are chant please.

These would be my requests. This whole university needs some fresh ideas imo. Tradition is cool and all, but we’ve beaten these horses to a bloody pulp already. Save the important traditions for important moments, is my opinion.[/quote]
Tu eres muy loco, perro. Just to clarify, it’s not the blue band at those events. I could do without Zombie Nation, but nix the “We Are…” chant? Michigan might as well nix their helmets - they’re both things borrowed from other universities long ago that have become a staple of the university.

I’m willing to give this blue a shot, see what it looks like, but I’m not envisioning an improvement here, IMO.

Seriously? People are worried about what the students are wearing will look like? If we have to worry about the color of a shirt impacting the student section, we have big problems with our students. Of all of the possible things that make a great student section, what they are wearing is way down the list.

“Hey look, the student section is jam packed full…but alas, they’re wearing blue. So sad.”

+1

How about “Blue and White”.
Just a thought.