PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Student Open Practice

Nittany Nation & Penn State Basketball invite YOU to the Student Exclusive Open Practice! Stop by the BJC for an evening of food, prizes, PSB gear, contests, and Pep Band music-- ALL students are invited to attend

When: Monday, November 1st
Time: 4:30 - 6:30 pm
Where: Bryce Jordan Center (Enter through Gate A)

Don’t miss out on this exclusive opportunity to experience Penn State Basketball before the season begins! We are days away from the November 12th home opener against Lehigh, so this is a great chance for all fans, especially freshmen, to learn about Penn State Basketball traditions and game day expectations.

The festivities will begin at 4:30 p.m. when students will have the opportunity to watch an official Penn State Basketball practice in the BJC while enjoying FREE dinner. Come early; food is first come first serve! Also, the first 150 students get a Big Ten Nework drawstring bag giveaway. The fun will continue with players, contests, music, cheers, and more, all hosted by Penn State Basketball personality Jimmy Bowen.

The student season ticket holder who brings the most NON-season ticket holders to the event will be entered in a grand prize drawing

There will be a ticket center available for students to purchases season tickets AND for current season ticket holders to redeem their free Nittany Nation t-shirts. Hope to see you there! Don’t miss out on this exciting season kickoff event!

Is this acceptable to the marketing critics?

It sounds cool, I always enjoyed these “open practices” as a student. Also, ahh, Lehigh is the 12th?! I didn’t notice that before - hopefully they have the game on at the bars in Columbus that night, but I somehow doubt that will be the case…

[quote=“eric17, post:1, topic:1424”][quote]Nittany Nation & Penn State Basketball invite YOU to the Student Exclusive Open Practice!
Stop by the BJC for an evening of food, prizes, PSB gear, contests, and Pep Band music-- ALL students are invited to attend

Don’t miss out on this exclusive opportunity to experience Penn State Basketball before the season begins! We are days away from the November 12th home opener against Lehigh, so this is a great chance for all fans, especially freshmen, to learn about Penn State Basketball traditions and game day expectations.

The festivities will begin at 4:30 p.m. when students will have the opportunity to watch an official Penn State Basketball practice in the BJC while enjoying FREE dinner. Come early; food is first come first serve! Also, the first 150 students get a Big Ten Nework drawstring bag giveaway. The fun will continue with players, contests, music, cheers, and more, all hosted by Penn State Basketball personality Jimmy Bowen.

The student season ticket holder who brings the most NON-season ticket holders to the event will be entered in a grand prize drawing

There will be a ticket center available for students to purchases season tickets AND for current season ticket holders to redeem their free Nittany Nation t-shirts. Hope to see you there! Don’t miss out on this exciting season kickoff event![/quote]

Is this acceptable to the marketing critics?[/quote]

It works.

[quote=“eric17, post:1, topic:1424”][quote]Nittany Nation & Penn State Basketball invite YOU to the Student Exclusive Open Practice!
Stop by the BJC for an evening of food, prizes, PSB gear, contests, and Pep Band music-- ALL students are invited to attend

There will be a ticket center available for students to purchases season tickets AND for current season ticket holders to redeem their free Nittany Nation t-shirts. Hope to see you there! Don’t miss out on this exciting season kickoff event![/quote]

This is Good!! It PROVES management DOES read this board. My shoulder is hurting from patting myself on the back!! :wink:

Hawkers and buses from the dorm areas would not hurt…You can never try too hard!!
The proof will be in the results (student attendance) during real games!

I really like seeing things like this.

BTW… Where was this taken from? Where has it been advertised?

Is this open to the public then? I realize it says all students are invited, but it doesn’t say non-students or alumni aren’t… that i see.

Or if it’s not… will my student ID from 2 years ago still get me in? :wink:

[quote=“Skeeza, post:5, topic:1424”]I really like seeing things like this.

BTW… Where was this taken from? Where has it been advertised?[/quote]

Email from Nittany Nation mailing list.

[quote="Skeeza, post:5, topic:1424"]I really like seeing things like this.

FWIW that’s about 200+ students plus it’s being plugged on facebook.

To give you a student update in regards to Nittany Nation, last year we had about 25 or so people at each meeting. For each of the meetings this year we’ve maxed at 115 people, and have never had less than 40.

Who is on the mailing list?

Is it the general student population, was it in the Collegiann or the CDT?

I would think the point of this Open Practice was TWO (2) fold!!
1st - A “thank you” for student season ticket buyers
2nd - FAR MORE IMPORTANT Is to attempt to recruit some of the other approx. 43,000 students (mostly with in walking distance) to attend PSU hoop home games. One would think some notification of the open practice for these “OTHER” students would be necessary.

Just wanted to bring this thread to the top! Hoping we get many eyeball reports this evening!

Doubt it. There aren’t very many students who are members of the board.

Nothing really worth reporting. When we got there, practice consisted of 2-3 zone simulations, ghosting offensive sets, and the new guys learned our pregame routine.

[quote="tundra, post:11, topic:1424"]Just wanted to bring this thread to the top! Hoping we get many eyeball reports this evening![/quote]

I was there, and I second what Eric said. Not a whole lot to report. I did take some video though. I’ll upload that in the next hour

[quote="tundra, post:11, topic:1424"]Just wanted to bring this thread to the top! Hoping we get many eyeball reports this evening![/quote]

I was there, and I second what Eric said. Not a whole lot to report. I did take some video though. I’ll upload that in the next hour

http://victorybellrings.com/2010/11/01/penn-state-basketball-practice-video/

There you go.

OK, guys. Thanks. Couple of more questions. Approximately how many students attended? How was the food and the prizes?

http://victorybellrings.com/2010/11/01/penn-state-basketball-practice-video/

There you go.

Just watched the videos. It appears that Battle is more accurate from NBA 3 pt. range than he is from the foul line.

[quote=“NGameday, post:15, topic:1424”]http://victorybellrings.com/2010/11/01/penn-state-basketball-practice-video/

There you go.[/quote]

Great job. Thanks!

Food was pizza, prizes were Maryland tickets and a autographed ball. At it’s peak there were about 115 students. It changed since people had class and whatnot, but it was around that at it’s peak.

[quote="tundra, post:16, topic:1424"]OK, guys. Thanks. Couple of more questions. Approximately how many students attended? How was the food and the prizes?[/quote]

Food was pizza, prizes were Maryland tickets and a autographed ball. At it’s peak there were about 115 students. It changed since people had class and whatnot, but it was around that at it’s peak.

Thanks!