PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Steve Miller 7' 1' - let's take a look!

Steve Miller School: Lackawanna Trail High School
Grade: Junior
Height: 7’ 1"
Weight: 0
Link: http://varsity.the570.com/Lackawanna_Trail/Steve_Miller/

He just started playing BB - he is raw but knows the game and can run the court with out tripping over his feet o.k. - I am NO COACH just a Penn State fan- There is not much help on his High School team - He will need a Red shirt year for sure but let’s take a look! His home is 10 miles from Scranton. He plays in a Farm league - but is only a Jr. and guess what? he is a lefty! the best shot blockers are left handed-- Calvin Booth and Bill Russell - let’s take a LOOK! We have wasted scholarships in the past for lesser quality player - lets check him out Ed. - he might be a sleeper!

I’m sure he’ll take the money and run

on a big ol’ jet airliner, perhaps?

Does he have any hops? Can he Fly Like An Eagle?

He’ll definitely need to gain some weight!

Abra-abra-cadabra…

He’ll magically put on the weight

what a bunch of jokers…

I so want to toss in a midnight toker line but that would probably be terribly inappropriate.

c’mon Lar, give it up already.

Just a Marcus Banta reference.

He could help us make the Dance, Dance, Dance.

“Give it up” guys. This guy is “one in a million” and is going to “take the money and run”. Even if he did show up at PSU, we’d be lucky to get two “seasons” out of him. While he is currently “living in the USA”, this “space cowboy” would be using PSU as a “steppin’ stone”. He’s either “going to Mexico”, “going to the country” or perhaps “swingtown”. Oops, gotta go. “Baby’s callin’ me home”. Don’t want to get “taken behind the barn”. My “threshold” for pain is pretty low and I can’t make that “sacrifice”.

Sorry about that. Just trying to get as many out there as possible. It’s “winter time” and I was bored.

Heard he’s going to spend a year in South America, just hope he doesn’t partake in too much Jungle Love.

[quote=“coalcracker, post:1, topic:1775”]Steve Miller School: Lackawanna Trail High School
Grade: Junior
Height: 7’ 1"
Weight: 0
Link: http://varsity.the570.com/Lackawanna_Trail/Steve_Miller/

He just started playing BB - he is raw but knows the game and can run the court with out tripping over his feet o.k. - I am NO COACH just a Penn State fan- There is not much help on his High School team - He will need a Red shirt year for sure but let’s take a look! His home is 10 miles from Scranton. He plays in a Farm league - but is only a Jr. and guess what? he is a lefty! the best shot blockers are left handed-- Calvin Booth and Bill Russell - let’s take a LOOK! We have wasted scholarships in the past for lesser quality player - lets check him out Ed. - he might be a sleeper![/quote]

What would you say is a “lesser quality player” than this kid? He has trouble scoring double digits in a farm league. In those really small school areas, I’ll bet you that heights are exaggerated even more than they normally are.

He may be a good player 10 years from now, but I would definitely think he is not worth it. After all, the idea is to NOT waste scholarships.

Perhaps he can read this thread and fall in love with the high-class Penn State experience.

[quote=“mjg, post:12, topic:1775”]“Give it up” guys. This guy is “one in a million” and is going to “take the money and run”. Even if he did show up at PSU, we’d be lucky to get two “seasons” out of him. While he is currently “living in the USA”, this “space cowboy” would be using PSU as a “steppin’ stone”. He’s either “going to Mexico”, “going to the country” or perhaps “swingtown”. Oops, gotta go. “Baby’s callin’ me home”. Don’t want to get “taken behind the barn”. My “threshold” for pain is pretty low and I can’t make that “sacrifice”.

Sorry about that. Just trying to get as many out there as possible. It’s “winter time” and I was bored.[/quote]

Guess you’re a fan, huh? Come up with some more before it’s too late. Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin into the future. :wink:

[quote="mjg, post:12, topic:1775"]"Give it up" guys. This guy is "one in a million" and is going to "take the money and run". Even if he did show up at PSU, we'd be lucky to get two "seasons" out of him. While he is currently "living in the USA", this "space cowboy" would be using PSU as a "steppin' stone". He's either "going to Mexico", "going to the country" or perhaps "swingtown". Oops, gotta go. "Baby's callin' me home". Don't want to get "taken behind the barn". My "threshold" for pain is pretty low and I can't make that "sacrifice".

Sorry about that. Just trying to get as many out there as possible. It’s “winter time” and I was bored.[/quote]

Guess you’re a fan, huh? Come up with some more before it’s too late. Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin into the future. :wink:

Mercury Blues.

last night -
At Lackawanna Trail, Stephen Miller had his fourth-straight triple-double with 20 points, 17 rebounds and 11 blocks to lead No. 8 Lackawanna Trail

he is a lefty - that is what we need!!!

We did have the guys dressed up in Pringle cans.

You guys are all really really old. I just thought you should know.