PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Steve Jones let go by 3WZ

Steve Jones let go by 3WZ
By Cliff White — State College - Centre Daily Times
Posted: 5:54pm on Nov 29, 2011; Modified: 6:18pm on Nov 29, 2011

We are very lucky to have Steve Jones here. He could easily be on the National stage.

The radio stations in SC have been on downward spiral for some time now. Steve has been a mainstay at 3WZ but I’m sure he’ll be just fine.

That’s sad to hear. Even though he’s barely on there in the mornings anymore when you factor in all the commercials and music they try to mix in on what used to be more talk radio. Maybe this is better in the long run and he could get a better full time talk gig in the mornings somewhere. I love listening to him and can’t believe he couldn’t carry some kind of daily sports radio show around here if the format was setup correctly.

Steve Jones is great for PSU sports!!

Best Wishes to Steve and his family. Anyone that can make bad single A baseball sound as good as him has a great talent. I hope he continues all his play-by-play duties and stays in the area. Like someone mentioned he could be on the national stage.

State College radio is not exactly big media. Steve will get another gig if he wants or needs it.

Steve already has about 8 other gigs – and I don’t even think that’s an exaggeration.

1. Football play-by-play.
  2. Basketball play-by-play.
  3. Spikes play-by-play.
  4. Big Ten Network play-by-play
  5. Penn State College of Communications Instructor
  6. Host of the Penn State Football Radio Show
  7. Host of the Penn State Basketball Radio Show
  8. “Inside Penn State Athletics” producer

Just wanted to prove that you were right. :wink:

Unless something changes between now and next June, Jones will be back on 95.3 airwaves as that is the home of the Spikes broadcasts.

Speaking of #7 on Lar’s list, anyone listen in last night? Was there anything new of note?

[quote="mjg, post:8, topic:2884"]Steve already has about 8 other gigs -- and I don't even think that's an exaggeration.[/quote]
  1. Football play-by-play.
  2. Basketball play-by-play.
  3. Spikes play-by-play.
  4. Big Ten Network play-by-play
  5. Penn State College of Communications Instructor
  6. Host of the Penn State Football Radio Show
  7. Host of the Penn State Basketball Radio Show
  8. “Inside Penn State Athletics” producer

Just wanted to prove that you were right. :wink:

1. Host of “Huddle Up Nittany Lions Fans” on WPSU Friday evenings
  2. Host of “Blue-White Tailgate” on WHVL Friday evenings

1. Host of the “X-Factor”