PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Stephen Curry

Don’t know how this effects “the bet” but Curry won the NBA Sportsmanship Award.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6486248

I forget what the specifics of the bet were, but the big picture to me seems that kid was right about Curry being a legit NBAer.

I will admit that while I wasn’t apart of those discussions, I did underestimate Curry’s potential as a pro and I do remember Kid being high on him. This is one of the reasons I am much less apt to write Jimmer off, because I think both guys could control a college game in similar ways and I’m interested now to see if Jimmer can make that same transition at the next level.

HOWEVER - I refuse to sit here and let kid think of himself as a great prognosticator. If you throw enough crap at the wall, something is bound to stick. This makes his batting average about .005% if you total up all the crap he goes on about predicting.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:3, topic:2369”]I will admit that while I wasn’t apart of those discussions, I did underestimate Curry’s potential as a pro and I do remember Kid being high on him. This is one of the reasons I am much less apt to write Jimmer off, because I think both guys could control a college game in similar ways and I’m interested now to see if Jimmer can make that same transition at the next level.

HOWEVER - I refuse to sit here and let kid think of himself as a great prognosticator. If you throw enough crap at the wall, something is bound to stick. This makes his batting average about .005% if you total up all the crap he goes on about predicting. [/quote]

I thought you had been rehabilitated, but alas. Hey, I beat kenpom by 21 games, so not sure how you get .005%. That’s 5 out of 100,000. Where does that leave kenpom, .005%-21 games. :wink:

Jimmer will be interesting. Is he big enough to make up for lack of speed? Will NBA zones hide his defensive shortcomings? Maybe. I’d still take Talor. Size an issue, but quickness is awesome. Check the stats. :wink: Teams make mistakes, Thabeet and Ricky Rubio before Curry? Wow.

No way will Jimmer have the same effect. He’s not nearly as strong with the ball or as quick and his D isn’t even close to Curry’s. That’s not to say Jimmer won’t find a spot but Curry is a different animal.

I think the bet was something like 15 points a game and I was on Skeeza’s side. Not because I didn’t think Stephon could play at that level, but that’s a lot of points for a rookie to accumulate. Stephon had a lot of things fall his way last year to reach those numbers. Injuries, and style of play were 2 major ones.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:3, topic:2369"]I will admit that while I wasn't apart of those discussions, I did underestimate Curry's potential as a pro and I do remember Kid being high on him. This is one of the reasons I am much less apt to write Jimmer off, because I think both guys could control a college game in similar ways and I'm interested now to see if Jimmer can make that same transition at the next level.[/quote]

No way will Jimmer have the same effect. He’s not nearly as strong with the ball or as quick and his D isn’t even close to Curry’s. That’s not to say Jimmer won’t find a spot but Curry is a different animal.

I think the bet was something like 15 points a game and I was on Skeeza’s side. Not because I didn’t think Stephon could play at that level, but that’s a lot of points for a rookie to accumulate. Stephon had a lot of things fall his way last year to reach those numbers. Injuries, and style of play were 2 major ones.

The bet was 16 per game. Style of play was one of the reasons kid went that high. But injuries certainly helped him out.

I thought the bet took place before the draft. I’m probably wrong

You might be right. I don’t have the best memory in the world.

[quote="LPcreation, post:7, topic:2369"]I thought the bet took place before the draft. I'm probably wrong[/quote]

You might be right. I don’t have the best memory in the world.

The bet was made before the draft. I was siding with Skeeza, but remember thinking kid had a good shot once Curry landed in Golden State.