PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Staten to WVU

Via twitter

@JuwanStaten3 After this long wait I have finally decided where I will finish out my collegiate basketball career…West Virginia University!

http://twitter.com/#!/JuwanStaten3/status/77107931996360704

Well, it gives Chambers another 'ship to work with.

He seems like Huggie’s kind of guy. Good luck to Staten. Chambers will be happy to use the second scholarship.

I like the idea of CHambers having the scholarship, maybe he can land a homer run right away.

Agree.

Can’t remember who said it yesterday but they called it. Like some of you have said this does give Chambers another scholarship to use. Hopefully we can find some guys that will make an impact on the program.

Whatever Staten. Chambers will be fine.

I am ok with Staten going elsewhere, but would have hoped he would have waited a mere few days for a one on one meeting with the new coach. He did, after all committ to Penn State, (albeit, Ed as the coach.) Just a bit disappointed that the announcement of Pat Chambers, wasn’t enough to a least draw a conversation with the Ed’s replacement about Pat’s philosophy and vision. If after that it didn’t look like the right match, fine.

Whatever. If nobody ever hears about Staten again it wouldn’t shock me. Jon Crispin syndrome… decides he is too good for the situation he’s in, re-open his recruitment, transfer without doing much homework on where you are going, ride the bench forever. Staten wasn’t playing next year even if he did enroll, so it’s the same difference. Now Chambers gets to recruit this one on his own.

I would have welcomed him if he wanted to be here, and I wish him luck if he doesn’t.

Chambers needs some scholarships.

Yea, a bit disappointed he didn’t wait to have a conversation with the new coach. Would have seemed like a good fit for him since he likes guards too. Oh well. At least like the rest of you guys said, this leaves another scholllie for Pat to recruit his guy.

I wish Staten well but I think this might not be the worst thing to have happened.

It almost feels like landing Staten was important for Ed during the (alleged) negotiations for an extension.

Too bad he didn’t talk to new coach, but as everyone says at least that’s one extra opening for the new guy to work with. Is everyone else on the team, and every one else coming in, still on board?

I haven’t heard from Ross yet, but Ackerman, Alexis, and Lewis are all definitely still coming.

[quote="OzLion, post:13, topic:2459"]Is everyone else on the team, and every one else coming in, still on board?[/quote] I haven't heard from Ross yet, but Ackerman, Alexis, and Lewis are all definitely still coming.

Haven’t heard anything from Matt Glover either

[quote="OzLion, post:13, topic:2459"]Is everyone else on the team, and every one else coming in, still on board?[/quote] I haven't heard from Ross yet, but Ackerman, Alexis, and Lewis are all definitely still coming.

I would bet Ross is. He would have to ask for release if wasn’t. Glover is a good question since he is a transfer, it would be easier for him not to come but he was on the roster posted on GoPSUsports and thats probably based on enrollment.

I would bet Ross is. He would have to ask for release if wasn’t. Glover is a good question since he is a transfer, it would be easier for him not to come but he was on the roster posted on GoPSUsports and thats probably based on enrollment.

Ross shows up in the PSU student directory so he is probably already enrolled for classes.

Frank, drop the hostility or take it to PennLive or FOS, please.

Can’t wait until you get relegated to the deadwood board. You have offered nothing of substance since you started posting here and I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re a former troll with a different moniker.

[quote="FrankDrebin"]Sounds like Chambers contacted all the recruits and returning players Friday. Guess his panache couldnt match Huggins. 0-1[/quote]

Can’t wait until you get relegated to the deadwood board. You have offered nothing of substance since you started posting here and I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re a former troll with a different moniker.

+1