PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Stars Aligning

The stars are aligning for a good night vs OSU.

1. The Bucks play at home on Sunday afternoon on CBS vs Indiana. I think Indy will give them a competitive game.

2. They have one day to prepare for us; we had Friday off after another eventful trip home from NW.

3. They’re probably looking ahead to their season finale vs Wisconsin.

4. We’ll have a big, emotional crowd.

5. We’re hungry; OSU is looking ahead.

6. Our guys know they can play OSU tough.

7. Our secret weapon (Tim Frazier) is starting to put it all together.

In a competitive league like the Big Ten, these are the kinds of things that can help get a win.

I also heard somewhere that it appears that Craft is hitting the Freshman wall.

Maybe we can make the baskets a little crooked. Our guys know how to shoot on those. Bet OSU doesn’t. :wink:

Is it a dollar dog night? That would certainly seal the deal.

I’ve had this game circled all year as one we could potentially get. Gets no bigger than senior night with 4 senior starters in the building and a bubble spot on the line. These guys completely believe they can beat OSU and so do I.

simply put…LETS GO!

Big, big game. Could be the crux of the Talor Battle / ED era. Win and we all know what can happen.

I don’t think Ohio State is overlooking this game. They almost lost at home to Penn State, no way they take them lightly.

[quote=“noobd, post:6, topic:1999”]Big, big game. Could be the crux of the Talor Battle / ED era. Win and we all know what can happen.

I don’t think Ohio State is overlooking this game. They almost lost at home to Penn State, no way they take them lightly.[/quote]

Without looking and barely remembering, I feel like we got a pretty good shot from OSU the first time around and held our own. I like our chances even without any circumstances attached. :slight_smile:

There will be 5 senior starters. Don’t forget Kirkpatrick.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1999"]I've had this game circled all year as one we could potentially get. Gets no bigger than senior night with [b]4 senior starters[/b] in the building and a bubble spot on the line. These guys completely believe they can beat OSU and so do I.[/quote]

So Jeff Brooks becomes PSU’s starting shooting guard? Sweet :slight_smile:

[quote="Craftsy21, post:4, topic:1999"]I've had this game circled all year as one we could potentially get. Gets no bigger than senior night with [b]4 senior starters[/b] in the building and a bubble spot on the line. These guys completely believe they can beat OSU and so do I.[/quote]

Whoops - meant no disrespect, I was honestly thinking he was just a junior. I’m ashamed, sorry KP if you read the board. :confused:

And with Va Tech winning over Duke, Ohio State will be #1 assuming they can get past Indiana.

[quote=“jjepsu92, post:2, topic:1999”]I also heard somewhere that it appears that Craft is hitting the Freshman wall.

Maybe we can make the baskets a little crooked. Our guys know how to shoot on those. Bet OSU doesn’t. ;)[/quote]

I haven’t really watched him since our game, save once or so, but he had a great game vs. us. I did see MSU set back screens for Lucas just past halfcourt. Craft plays such in your face defense, that they were very effective, and he ran into Delvon Roe, and got levelled. Made him back off a bit, as Lucas did layups off these. I think PSU should spread the floor in the halfcourt. Tim and Talor can drive by these guys. It requires AJ to get away from the hoop so “The Beast” isn’t waiting down low. He should go to the high post to accomplish this, or flash to the foul line, and DJ and Jeff in the corners. If we do this. Tim and Talor will blow by their covers.

OSU is #1 in the Coaches’ Poll by 4 votes.

OSU is #1 in the Coaches' Poll by 4 votes.
[quote="Whiteout, post:2, topic:2003"]How would they be ahead of Kansas?? ???[/quote]

AP poll has OSU #2. ESPN/USA Today poll has the Bucks as #3 and Kansas as #2. Both polls had OSU with more first place votes than Kansas last week. So I expect AP will have OSU #1 and the ESPN/USA Today poll will have either OSU or Kansas as #1. 8)

If everyone behaves logically, the fact that OSU had more first place votes than Kansas in the ESPN/USA Today poll will mean that OSU is likely to jump Kansas in the poll. It’s the same thing that happened with Nebraska/Penn State in the 1994 football polls. People in Kansas will attribute the leapfrogging as some sort of conspiracy against them but the fact of the matter will be it will simply be the result of each individual voters behaving logically but resulting in what appears to be an illogical conclusion when the votes are tallied up.

Let the conspiracy talk begin in Lawrence.