PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Stanley Pringle Clip

Stanley Pringle stutter step player falls

Get 'em Stanley!

very under rated.

He was a much more important player at PSU than he is given credit for being by most.

[quote=“Still in State College, post:2, topic:2374”]very under rated.

He was a much more important player at PSU than he is given credit for being by most.[/quote]

So, sooooo true. What a talent, and he seemed to get better each and every game.

When he ran the break, he had an unbelievable ability to get up the court at full speed, stop on a dime in the lane, elevate, and bury a short jumper.

Such a talent. If Matt Glover is 3/4 the player Stan was, then no one is going to be complaining about him taking the last scholly.

What team does Stan play for? Is it Frankish? I forget

He had the ball on a string - very talented guy.

On a related subject, I needed something to watch while running on my treadmill on Saturday, so I pulled up/down the Big 10 Video on Demand version of the Penn State-Indiana game from March 2008. See if this starting line-up sounds familiar:

Talor Battle;
Jeff Brooks;
Andrew Jones;
DJ Jackson; and,
Stanley Pringle.

We got to watch the top four play together for a long time, which was a real treat. Stanley was a terrific player for us as well.

The horns they are blowing in that clip are rediculous. >:(

I loved watching Stanley play. One of the quickest players I’ve ever seen at any level. Am I remembering this wrong or did he win the team slam dunk contest the one year also? He’s an incredible athlete.

You are correct. That was Talor’s Freshman year. I remember TB tried a between-the-legs dunk but barely missed it, as well. I think Stan ooped himself and went between the legs to win the contest. My memory of it all may be off though.

This video is a year or so old but watching him always gets me excited. Loved that guy, a really nice dude off the court too.

[quote=“Still in State College, post:2, topic:2374”]very under rated.

He was a much more important player at PSU than he is given credit for being by most.[/quote]

I don’t think he was underrated. I think most fans thought he was a great player for us by the end of his career. I’m guessing the feeling that he was underrated comes more from us overrating Babb – who we all hoped would step in for Pringle and our team wouldn’t miss a beat. Of course that wasn’t the case and we had a very bad season.

Great memories of Pringle. What I remember the most of how great a shooter he was by the end of his senior year, pretty much automatic out to 25 feet.
As we found out the following year, he was hard to replace.

More or less ridiculous than the filler music that is intentionally played while the ball is in play during NBA games?

Stan played in the same backcourt with Percy Harvin at Landstown (Virginia Beach). Now that was an athletic high school backcourt.