PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

St. Patty's Day altercation--it's early but this does not look good

http://victorybellrings.com/2011/03/03/state-pattys-day-altercation-and-photos/#more-3756

A thread was deleted on this subject yesterday. I’d suggest doing the same here.

This thread will be gone in 3,2,1. If you want to check it out go over to BWI they have tons of responses . If you follow psu football/bball its pretty easy to pick out 3 of the young men pictured

Sorry about that…wasn’t on the board yesterday :-[

I still don’t get why the original was deleted in the first place. It’s an article about PSU, and sure it is speculation, but it could be a story in the near future.

[quote=“rwd5035, post:5, topic:2043”]I still don’t get why the original was deleted in the first place. It’s an article about PSU, and sure it is speculation, but it could be a story in the near future.[/quote]My Doug G thread was the same way

[quote="rwd5035, post:5, topic:2043"]I still don't get why the original was deleted in the first place. It's an article about PSU, and sure it is speculation, but it could be a story in the near future.[/quote]My Doug G thread was the same way

We can’t be having none of this here speculations

http://www.centredaily.com/2011/03/04/2560720/dechellis-looking-into-alleged.html

Well I guess if PSU needed a vigilante who fought for good, DeChellis would have a future in State College.

In theory, if the police posted a photograph of a suspect in a crime and someone anonymously came on here and said it was you, the thread would get deleted. I realize that in practice some threads slip through.

I am operating under the theory that reputable journalistic organizations do some small measure of fact checking before engaging in speculation. This organization does not, so I delete the thread.

This is the big white elephant in the room.

This thread cannot just be deleted. This news is getting bigger by the moment, can’t just pretend that it doesn’t exist.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:11, topic:2043”]This is the big white elephant in the room.

This thread cannot just be deleted. This news is getting bigger by the moment, can’t just pretend that it doesn’t exist.[/quote]

How exactly is this story getting bigger? You know nothing more now than you did when the story came out. Oh wait, I take it back, ED is on the prowl. So, hence, the story increases in importance. Got it.

Sure looks like mcgloin and five walk ons to me… ::slight_smile:

Well, McGloin is known for hitting the other team :slight_smile:

[quote=“Skeeza, post:11, topic:2043”]This is the big white elephant in the room.

This thread cannot just be deleted. This news is getting bigger by the moment, can’t just pretend that it doesn’t exist.[/quote]

I don’t mind references to legit news reports. Presumably they have some libel safeguards in place.