PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

St. Joseph Group Tickets for PSU Fans

WE’VE GOT 'EM BABY!!!

Group tickets have just been ordered with the St. Joseph’s ticket office. We have 100 tickets available for the Penn State fans to order. Price is $17.00 per person.

http://www.delcopsualum.org/store/nittany-lion-basketball-vs-st-josephs-november-26th

Tim, get this as a sticky.

Let’s get these sold quickly and have a big PSU crowd. If we sell these out quickly, I can reserve more (subject to ticket availability, of course)

3:30 tipoff. I hope that the football game at Wisconsin is a noon kickoff. Are there any good PSU friendly sports bars near St Joe’s campus?

Good luck with that. There’s a good chance that that game will have championship game implications, for one if not both teams.

We cab help our game time cause if the football team beats Nebraska and OSU. If that happens, we’ll clinch the Leaders Division championship before the Wisconsin kickoff.

Tall order to win both games. So. in my e-mail to everyone (chapters and various folks at UP) Ill ask Brian to pull the miracle and try to persuade the TV suits to schedule…noon kickoff for PSU/Wisky.

Yeah, I know persuading the TV guys is a tall order, too, but u gotta ask. 8) 8)

Probably the best closest PSU friendly place is about three miles away from the arena. The Philadelphia Chapter has its football tailgates at the Mad River Manayunk.

http://www.madrivermanayunk.com/

That only even more cements it to being 3:30. PSU would be a top 10 BCS team at that point.

We cab help our game time cause if the football team beats Nebraska and OSU. If that happens, we'll clinch the Leaders Division championship before the Wisconsin kickoff.

That only even more cements it to being 3:30. PSU would be a top 10 BCS team at that point.

Good pont :’( :’( :’( :’(

I’m assuming this is for PSU alumni only?

Definitely trying to go to this game, will likely be in the student section. Not sure if I should wear my jersey or not. 8)

[quote=“noobd, post:8, topic:2769”]I’m assuming this is for PSU alumni only?

Definitely trying to go to this game, will likely be in the student section. Not sure if I should wear my jersey or not. 8)[/quote]

PSU alumni, students, family, fans. Anyone who is a PSU fan can purchase. The site takes credit cards and PayPal.

Which student section will you be sitting? Last I talked to the Nittany Nation they weren’t coming to the game as a group. Maybe NGameday can update us on that.

Isn’t Wisconsin in the central time zone??? There’s no way that a PSU/Wisky game is going to kick at 11 am. Sorry, but it’s not happening.

Didn’t Nebraska just play at 11 am this past Saturday?

[quote="State4Life, post:10, topic:2769"]Isn't Wisconsin in the central time zone??? There's no way that a PSU/Wisky game is going to kick at 11 am. Sorry, but it's not happening.[/quote] Didn't Nebraska just play at 11 am this past Saturday?

Yes

Ok, considering that was at high ranked MSU team, that seems to contradict me. However, I still think that PSU v Neb is a much larger draw than MSU v Neb. I just really do not see this game kicking at 11 am, unless if the media sees the B10 as a nothing conference this year.

[quote="State4Life, post:10, topic:2769"]Isn't Wisconsin in the central time zone??? There's no way that a PSU/Wisky game is going to kick at 11 am. Sorry, but it's not happening.[/quote] Didn't Nebraska just play at 11 am this past Saturday?

Yes

Being a die-hard college football fan (not just Penn State), I can tell you that a pre-noon kickoff for a BCS game is very, very, very rare.

[quote=“TJM78, post:9, topic:2769”]PSU alumni, students, family, fans. Anyone who is a PSU fan can purchase. The site takes credit cards and PayPal.

Which student section will you be sitting? Last I talked to the Nittany Nation they weren’t coming to the game as a group. Maybe NGameday can update us on that.[/quote]

Oh okay, cool, thanks.

St. Joes – I know a few people that are students there… I just have to make sure they can purchase guest tickets.

Yes

Being a die-hard college football fan (not just Penn State), I can tell you that a pre-noon kickoff for a BCS game is very, very, very rare.

Illinois has already played two 11:00 CT games in Champaign and will probably have another. NW’s game vs Rice will be 11:00 CT…that’s OK in Evanston though, since the students will just have to get to the library to study a little earlier on Saturday if they want to go to the game :slight_smile:

So it happens more than you think it does, especially in the Big Ten where they like to keep to the noon/3:30/(8:00) ET schedule throughout conference play.

PSU alumni, students, family, fans. Anyone who is a PSU fan can purchase. The site takes credit cards and PayPal.

Which student section will you be sitting? Last I talked to the Nittany Nation they weren’t coming to the game as a group. Maybe NGameday can update us on that.

Oh okay, cool, thanks.

St. Joes – I know a few people that are students there… I just have to make sure they can purchase guest tickets.

OK fot your friends at St. Joe’s to purchase through us. But let them know that they will be surrrounddddeeeeddd…by Nittany Lion B&W ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It happens out there all the time. CST fans are used to it, albeit not usually happy about it.

Yes

Wrong.

That’s just one school but it should be enough to make my point.

I count eight BCS matchups just in the B1G that have started at 11am local time.

This week Michigan at Iowa is an 11am local start.

The Big 12 doesn’t show start times for previous games, but there are five 11/11:30am starts upcoming among the games with a kickoff time set.