PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

St Joe's

Anybody got any info on St. Joe’s this season? I see they got thumped at home by Western KY on Friday. Martelli usually puts a competitive team on the floor - is this a down year for them?

Carl Jones (pretty sure we went after him hard) led them in scoring with 17 their 1st game. CJ Aiken is a young athletic big that will prob be a pretty good player at some point this season. I’m pretty sure he started for them as a true fresh. Other than those 2 I’m not to familiar with the Hawks squad this season.

For your reading pleasure:

2010-11 St. Joe’s Preseason Prospectus

I think PSU can beat these guys. They’re not a particularly large team. If PSU rebounds like that again they’ll have a great chance of winning.

They also sound young and inexperienced, it’s a home game for us so I think we have a good chance of beating them. Let’s have a better start than the Lehigh game.

They’re very young, not very deep, and not very good. They shouldn’t be that tough a game.

[quote=“eric17, post:6, topic:1499”]They’re very young, not very deep, and not very good. They shouldn’t be that tough a game.[/quote] The past few seasons this group seems to let inferior opponents hang around for most of the game. I’m thinking a Phil M. coached Hawks team will be no diff. PSU with a 5-10 point victory . I’ll take it

Pomeroy like us 75-61. In impressive fashio (with no games played) he nailed the spread for the Lehigh game. He gives us a 92 percent winning probability. It is always fun to see how close he is with such a small sample of data.

Am I correct in that to watch this game on espn3.com, you can stream it if you have Verizon or Comcast, using your log in and password? Any other way to stream it?

If you have a Xbox 360 and their new dashboard update, it’s possible we’ll be able to stream it through that. I tested it out for the Illini game Friday night and it worked pretty good. Hopefully the Penn State game will be on it too.

I’m pretty sure espn3.com is open to everybody now (not just restricted to Verizon or Comcast). Their new ESPN Network looks pretty cool (looks like they’re streaming ESPN online), but unfortunately that’s only available to TW cable right now.

Your internet service provider must sign up for ESPN3 in order for you to get it. I know Windstream has it.

In Maine, you have to subscribe to both Road Runner (I do) and cable TV (I don’t) to get it.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:9, topic:1499"]Am I correct in that to watch this game on espn3.com, you can stream it if you have Verizon or Comcast, using your log in and password? Any other way to stream it?[/quote]

If you have a Xbox 360 and their new dashboard update, it’s possible we’ll be able to stream it through that. I tested it out for the Illini game Friday night and it worked pretty good. Hopefully the Penn State game will be on it too.

I’m pretty sure espn3.com is open to everybody now (not just restricted to Verizon or Comcast). Their new ESPN Network looks pretty cool (looks like they’re streaming ESPN online), but unfortunately that’s only available to TW cable right now.

No it’s not open to everyone, your ISP/cable company still has to subscribe.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:9, topic:1499"]Am I correct in that to watch this game on espn3.com, you can stream it if you have Verizon or Comcast, using your log in and password? Any other way to stream it?[/quote]

No it’s not open to everyone, your ISP/cable company still has to subscribe.

Yea, I the reason I thought that it was open to everyone was cause everyone I know seems to have it now and ESPN Network is only on TW. I would have thought ESPN Network would have had the same rights to ESPN3.com but that wasn’t the case. Looks like you need your cable provider to have it to be able to stream through the Xbox (it’s not an exclusive deal) which sorta sucks.

Does anyone live between Atlanta and Williamsport (I know that’s a very vague question, but I don’t know what path I will be driving… only my GPS knows that)? I am leaving tomorrow morning and am driving from Atlanta to Williamsport (PA) - I will probably drive till 7 and grab a hotel, I would imagine somewhere around Roanoke, VA and need to find a bar with the BTN to watch this game.

So, more specifically, is there anyone on this board from the Roanoke, VA area? Thanks!

This game isn’t on the BTN. It’s on ESPN3.com

You’re right - that could make this a little more difficult…

Penn State Basketball: Next Game Primer - St. Joseph’s

sjuhawks.com: Men’s Basketball Visits Penn State on Tuesday

St. Joe’s game notes

gopsusports.com: Nittany Lions Take On Saint Joseph’s Tuesday

PSU game notes

PSU Gamenotes states that PSU is 8-35 the last 4 years when trailing at the half, so a big win vs. Lehigh. Now 25-0 vs. Patriot League teams.

Does anyone know if we will be paying a visit to Philly in return for St Joes coming here?