Sparty IGT

4-0 Lucas, haven’t looked that good on offense but a decent drive by Babb.

Jones showing some hustle.

Hard to believe that DJ did not shoot the ball with the student count down to 1, he tries to pass the ball?

That was definietely questionable, but I liked how he hit that 3 later. Nice steal by Babb. Lets go State!

PSU looks mediocre, MSU hitting shots but PSU is only down 2 somehow.

That last inbound play was definietly scouted w the tip. Lucky it wasn’t a steal.

With Lucas out, Battle drew fouls on both Morgan and Summers. IMO, he needs to now take it to Lucas. Make him play tough D on that ankle.

I may be late to the party, but it is becoming clear that PSU desperately needs a second guard who can beat their defender off the dribble. Frazier will develop that ability with time, and Babb just isn’t quick enough.

He tried a couple of times, but Lucas was moving well (forced a TO once). On that bum ankle, I don’t think Lucas will be able to keep this up an entire game.

The second Frazier came in and Allen shifted to Battle…Talor nails 2 triples. I like us in that matchup.

Frazier had that nice drive but didn’t make it.

I can’t handle Jones’ inability to convert balls handed to him in the paint. Probably two or three times already.

[quote="noobd, post:8, topic:836"]I may be late to the party, but it is becoming clear that PSU desperately needs a second guard who can beat their defender off the dribble. Frazier will develop that ability with time, and Babb just isn't quick enough.[/quote]

Frazier had that nice drive but didn’t make it.

I can’t handle Jones’ inability to convert balls handed to him in the paint. Probably two or three times already.

agreed - he’s struggled catching the rock today.

Frazier is clearly quick enough to beat the defender, but he can’t seal the deal… AKA dish the ball, get fouled, or make a layup.

[quote="noobd, post:8, topic:836"]I may be late to the party, but it is becoming clear that PSU desperately needs a second guard who can beat their defender off the dribble. Frazier will develop that ability with time, and Babb just isn't quick enough.[/quote]

The second Frazier came in and Allen shifted to Battle…Talor nails 2 triples. I like us in that matchup.

I see Frazier’s out now. I like him in. Lucas can’t cover him either. Ed needs to go quick. Lucas can’t handle it. Frazier can beat him off the dribble.

MSU is switching a lot of screens. On at least two occasions I have seen Green switch on to Battle. We need to exploit the mis-matches. One time Talor threw it down to Brooks who then had Lucas on him, but Brooks duffed the layup.

In general, our big guys just have a hard time finishing. With all of MSU’s big bodies, it appears to be worse than usual this game.

It angers me everytime I see Brooks step out by the 3 point line. He just gets in the way of our guards!!! Can someone please tell this guy he needs to get in the paint!

I see Frazier’s out now. I like him in. Lucas can’t cover him either. Ed needs to go quick. Lucas can’t handle it. Frazier can beat him off the dribble.

Lucas has been doing a fine job defensively to this point. I do think we need to keep testing him. His ankle is clearly not 100%.

Kid will do that for you

Those are the types of looks they need to give Babb.

Have to applaud Brooks for that effort and then smart play.