Some interesting teams receiving votes in the AP 25

I was just checking out the AP Top 25 poll on ESPN.com and was intrigued with some of the teams listed under the “others receiving votes” category.

A few odd names to see on the list include Coastal Carolina (wrong sport, wrong year, I guess), Northwestern (expected, but still different), and Harvard (along with Cornell, the IVY league seems to have some talent this year… how is Penn fairing in that league this year?).

Also, something to note is Virginia is receiving 3 votes. That game could end up being a win on the road over a top 25 opponent (aka we could serve as one of their “bad losses” come bubble time if we don’t step it up ;))

[quote=“State4Life, post:1, topic:746”]I was just checking out the AP Top 25 poll on ESPN.com and was intrigued with some of the teams listed under the “others receiving votes” category.

A few odd names to see on the list include Coastal Carolina (wrong sport, wrong year, I guess), Northwestern (expected, but still different), and Harvard (along with Cornell, the IVY league seems to have some talent this year… how is Penn fairing in that league this year?).

Also, something to note is Virginia is receiving 3 votes. That game could end up being a win on the road over a top 25 opponent (aka we could serve as one of their “bad losses” come bubble time if we don’t step it up ;))[/quote]

They are 1-13 this year. They actually fired their coach last month and replaced him with former Penn star Jerome Allen. An Ivy League coach fired midseason. Can you believe it?

Penn opens league play this weekend but at 1-13, I wouldn’t expect much out of them.

I forgot to mention, Coastal Carolina is the program that Preston Lewis debuted at (his old, old, old team).

Coastal Carolina is 18-3, they deserve a vote or two.

Harvard is probably the only team that can beat Cornell in the Ivy. They beat BC but lost to Army. They are 13-3.

Cornell deserves votes.

[quote=“noobd, post:5, topic:746”]Coastal Carolina is 18-3, they deserve a vote or two.

Harvard is probably the only team that can beat Cornell in the Ivy. They beat BC but lost to Army. They are 13-3.

Cornell deserves votes.[/quote]
Cornell received 13

The discussion, analysis, or relevance of the AP and/or USA polls are completely worthless.

[quote="noobd, post:5, topic:746"]Coastal Carolina is 18-3, they deserve a vote or two.

Cornell deserves votes.[/quote]
Cornell received 13

I know, I’m saying those 13 votes are justified.

So is the discussion of whether or not ED should be fired mid-season (or even in the off season), but we do it anyway. Come to think of it, all discussion on this board, with the exception of basketball theory and basketball 101, is completely useless in the scope of the program. So be it, it perpetuates conversation.