Social Identity Theory

engage in the phenomena of CORFing, which means cutting off reflected failure, done by distancing themselves as far as possible from the losing team. (Cialdini & Richardson 1980). These fans want to avoid any negative evaluations by others in relation to the team that was unsuccessful. The closer the identification to the team and the degree of commitment by the fan, the greater the risk the fan has of suffering a loss in self esteem if their team has lost.

It appears that the self esteem of a large number of people on the forum has taken a hit this season due to the failure of the team. What a pathetic bunch. I am sure for most of you, your personal lives mirror the dismal start of this season.

[quote=“prideofsc, post:1, topic:671”]engage in the phenomena of CORFing, which means cutting off reflected failure, done by distancing themselves as far as possible from the losing team. (Cialdini & Richardson 1980). These fans want to avoid any negative evaluations by others in relation to the team that was unsuccessful. The closer the identification to the team and the degree of commitment by the fan, the greater the risk the fan has of suffering a loss in self esteem if their team has lost.

It appears that the self esteem of a large number of people on the forum has taken a hit this season due to the failure of the team. What a pathetic bunch. I am sure for most of you, your personal lives mirror the dismal start of this season.[/quote]

There’s always been equal amount of BIRGing going on too.

[quote=“prideofsc, post:1, topic:671”]engage in the phenomena of CORFing, which means cutting off reflected failure, done by distancing themselves as far as possible from the losing team. (Cialdini & Richardson 1980). These fans want to avoid any negative evaluations by others in relation to the team that was unsuccessful. The closer the identification to the team and the degree of commitment by the fan, the greater the risk the fan has of suffering a loss in self esteem if their team has lost.

It appears that the self esteem of a large number of people on the forum has taken a hit this season due to the failure of the team. What a pathetic bunch. I am sure for most of you, your personal lives mirror the dismal start of this season.[/quote]

I think you are on the wrong forum. Since all of your posts are about other posters, I believe what you are looking for is the pennstatehoops.com.com forum.

We have a facebook page! Is that where I can go to insult people in real life? :wink:

[quote="pmhewitt, post:3, topic:671"]I think you are on the wrong forum. Since all of your posts are about other posters, I believe what you are looking for is the pennstatehoops.com.com forum.[/quote]

We have a facebook page! Is that where I can go to insult people in real life? :wink:

nothing like insulting a screen name

[quote="pmhewitt, post:3, topic:671"]I think you are on the wrong forum. Since all of your posts are about other posters, I believe what you are looking for is the pennstatehoops.com.com forum.[/quote]

Is there a way to block prideofsc from sending me hate personal messages?

Wait a second, prideofsc is a screen name?! I thought everyone used their real names around here. Patrick Ryan Ideofsc of Erie PA, if you happen to be a PSU hoops fan let me apologize right now for the terror campaign I have waged upon you fro the last 2 weeks. No more flaming piles of dog poo. I promise.

Wait a second, prideofsc is a screen name?! I thought everyone used their real names around here. Patrick Ryan Ideofsc of Erie PA, if you happen to be a PSU hoops fan let me apologize right now for the terror campaign I have waged upon you fro the last 2 weeks. No more flaming piles of dog poo. I promise.

I smirked. Took a little bit to understand what you were going for there though lol

It is his name. He’s Polish, but his great-grandparents changed it from Pridovski to avoid religious persecution.

CORFing. That reminds me, wasn’t there a post just like this on the old forum? Was it maybe by ROKK or Agent (I forget)?

I just remember this topic coming up before.

I thought for awhile that FanofPSU was rokk… just in the way he said things. But who can tell anymore.

Unfortunately, I can dispel that notion. Syntax, diction, and word choice are worlds apart.

I thought for awhile that FanofPSU was rokk... just in the way he said things. But who can tell anymore.

Unfortunately, I can dispel that notion. Syntax, diction, and word choice are worlds apart.

And no font changes or movable text. :wink:

[quote="Craftsy21, post:12, topic:671"]I thought for awhile that FanofPSU was rokk... just in the way he said things. But who can tell anymore.[/quote]

And no font changes or movable text. :wink:

[move]no way[/move]

The Pride wears contacts

It isn’t so much that I have a beef…I’ve just always wanted to drop that picture in a fight.lol

While I dont agree, I dont have the time to fight, I’m busy fixing all of the mirrors I’ve broken, I can’t even look at myself these days.