PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

So who is going to Tucson?

Seriously thinking about it.

If anyone wants local info, I used to live there and have spent several months there over the past couple of years. I’m not going this year, but I can give good suggestions for places to go, eat, stay, etc.

I’m in the LA area so I’m gonna try to go

Where should I look for a room?

Was really hoping for DC. Tuscon on a Thursday is rough. Probably wait until times get announced and see if I can swing it. About $800 from Philly right now.

I’ve emailed a couple friends but I’d probably get a kidney first before I’d get any takers to join me in Tuscon.

Anyone know game time?

we don’t know yet…usually around midnight

Since they’re in a pod with SDSU, I’d guess PSU will have the first after dinner game, so in the 7pm hour.

I have enough credit card points that at pretty much any other time I can get a free flight anywhere within the continental US, but I only have about half the points needed to get a cross-country plane ticket this weekend. It’s laughable how much they jack up airfare for March Madness. I even checked for Anaheim (Sweet 16), flying into LAX and driving. They’re still asking for 88,000 points, and I only have 45,000.

To put it in perspective, for the price they’re asking for a cross-country flight this weekend, I could fly to Quito, Ecuador and maybe even Chile.

$700 from IAD/DCA/BWI to Phoenix. $850 to Tucson.

Can’t do it. Dream dead. Was really hoping for DC (a short Metro ride away) or Charlotte. :’(

That makes two of us.

As much as I’d like to go, I’ll probably stay here in town, go to the Lady Lions NCAA game on Saturday, catch the NCAA wrestling on TV later in the afternoon, and watch the Penn State/San Diego State game Saturday night on TV.

Anyone know game time?

we don’t know yet…usually around midnight

I’m not sure I can stay up that late to watch a midnight game :slight_smile:

I’ll be there. Just have to figure out if I want to get tix or scalp them from a losing team’s fans, since we almost have to be in the night grouping.

Looks like we are the early game. I was looking to get tickets from stub hub, but I am worried they won’t make it to me before I leave.

I saw this though: Penn State ticket information for Penn State in the NCAA Tournament will be posted on www.GoPSUsports.com on Monday.

Well now that the exact times are out, I might have to juggle things a little but hooray for TiVo.

Ticket info should be up by 1:30 EST

I called and they took my name and number. They made it sound like it would be late afternoon before they had any idea if they even had any tickets available.

Temple has had an order form up all morning, btw.

Ticket info should be up by 1:30 EST

I called and they took my name and number. They made it sound like it would be late afternoon before they had any idea if they even had any tickets available.

gopsusports.com doesn’t even have game time updated yet.

[quote="zac1397, post:17, topic:2136"]Ticket info should be up by 1:30 EST[/quote]

gopsusports.com doesn’t even have game time updated yet.

You really expected PSU to be “on the ball” with respect to basketball?