PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

So on Penn State Football Eve, we get

An ESPN article - Chambers already fan favorite at Penn State - Men's College Basketball Blog- ESPN

A Yahoo/Rivals article - http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=rivals-1259340

And a local article - News, Sports, Jobs - Williamsport Sun-Gazette

Awesome.

Also, today’s CDT was wrapped in a full page ad promoting the Flex Plan tickets that are good for both basketball programs.

“Considered by some a sleeping giant.”

I think Dana’s a lurker. Way to go tundra :wink:

Considered by some a sleeping giant, the Nittany Lions have more been a hoops wonder of the world. [b]Blessed with a rabid fan base[/b], high-end facilities, deep pockets lined by football money and a legit conference, Penn State and success have rarely gone hand in hand. When the Lions earned an NCAA tournament berth this season, it marked just the fourth time in 20 years that's happened.

hmmmmm…either there was some shoddy editing, or I’ll have what Dana’s having.

[quote=“laoDan, post:3, topic:2641”]“Considered by some a sleeping giant.”

I think Dana’s a lurker. Way to go tundra ;)[/quote]

+1 :slight_smile:

[quote=“eric17, post:1, topic:2641”]An ESPN article - Chambers already fan favorite at Penn State - Men’s College Basketball Blog- ESPN

A Yahoo/Rivals article - http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=rivals-1259340

And a local article - News, Sports, Jobs - Williamsport Sun-Gazette

Awesome.[/quote]

Have I mentioned that I love this guy?? …as far as the “rabid” fan base, goes. There have been times when there has been some serious excitement from the fans. How many buses went to the NIT?? And last year was pretty sweet going to games - there was actual hope/anticipation that we could win each game. Un-like other years when it’s the proverbial “here we go again”, when we’re close at the end, but fade in the last 5-10 minutes of the game.

Much like the program itself, I think the fan base has some pretty good potential, too. With the obvious key being a good product on the court.

What can I say - I’m a “glass half full” kinda guy. shrug

[quote="eric17, post:1, topic:2641"]An ESPN article - http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/34872/chambers-already-a-fan-favorite-at-penn-state[/quote]
Considered by some a sleeping giant, the Nittany Lions have more been a hoops wonder of the world. [b]Blessed with a rabid fan base[/b], high-end facilities, deep pockets lined by football money and a legit conference, Penn State and success have rarely gone hand in hand. When the Lions earned an NCAA tournament berth this season, it marked just the fourth time in 20 years that's happened.

I believe Dana’s trying to make the point that Penn State fans, in general, are rabid fans. It’s up to Chambers to turn that fan base into hoops fans.

[quote="eric17, post:1, topic:2641"]An ESPN article - http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/34872/chambers-already-a-fan-favorite-at-penn-state[/quote]

I believe Dana’s trying to make the point that Penn State fans, in general, are rabid fans. It’s up to Chambers to turn that fan base into hoops fans.

I think she may have had a misprint. She may have wanted to type rapid as “Rapid to jump on and off the bandwagon”.

I think she may have had a misprint. She may have wanted to type rapid as “Rapid to jump on and off the bandwagon”.

I think the sentence is awkwardly phrased, but I don’t sense that’s what she meant.

I think the sentence is awkwardly phrased, but I don’t sense that’s what she meant.

Rabies, maybe?

I’m assuming PSU athletics as a whole has a rabid fan base.

When was the last time that there were two PSU BBall articles on the ESPN College Basketball features?

Yes…a lot of us do foam at the mouth at times. :slight_smile:

Rabies, maybe?

Yes…a lot of us do foam at the mouth at times. :slight_smile:

I always did when I has in Hooters! :smiley: :wink:

Timmy Frazier was on the radio this evening also, during or before the PSU tailgate-eve program they did. It was a pretty good interview, he seems like a really good person everytime I hear him speak. Hope he’s ready to lead this young bunch.

Can’t wait to get the basketball season started!!!

This is the most we have seen of basketball this early in the fall. We have more then month till practice, but feels like its mid season with all the press we see from the staff. Its good stuff.

My question would be how much of the increased visibility is due to the new coaching staff and how much is due to us making the tournament last year? Have to figure both are playing a part, and the fact that the team was in the news longer than usual this year because of both probably means the team is more front and center right now than they have been in a long time.

Hopefully the team can provide something this season to keep that ball rolling.

Nice stuff!

Today’s espn.com college hoops main page