PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

So much for respect

We opened as a 19 point dog. :o that’s a huge number, for those who don’t follow such things. The good news, I guess, is that it’s moved down to 17.5 meaning people were likely betting on us to cover pretty heavily.

But - as far as respect, only a few slightly bigger dogs all day today. UVA @ Duke (off the loss), LSU going to Kentucky, Oklahoma visiting Texas, and Wake visiting VaTech.

I’d be all over PSU to cover that number, but I am worried it’s so high and might reconsider playing it at all given how far off I think the line seems. Maybe they know something we don’t. :smiley:

I would easily take Penn St. I actually think we might flat out win this game.

yes you’ve mentioned how high you are on this team right now several times.

CBS had a graphic of Hot and Cold teams, PSU was one of the two hot. I also picked PSU as one of my three upset specials today. How much more respect do you want!?

Is it just my browser/computer or are the quote boxes different all of a sudden?

Hey, look at that…they are different.

The point spread is so big, there isn’t even a Money Line. That means they are beyond the 10:1 odds that mark the upper limits of a money line.

Hey bballguy, go bet $1,000 on PSU plus the points if you’re so sure.

[quote="bballguy, post:2, topic:1785"]I would easily take Penn St. I actually think we might flat out win this game.[/quote]

The point spread is so big, there isn’t even a Money Line. That means they are beyond the 10:1 odds that mark the upper limits of a money line.

I’ve got PSU at +1460, OSU at -2800.

[quote="bballguy, post:2, topic:1785"]I would easily take Penn St. I actually think we might flat out win this game.[/quote]

I’ve seen plenty of ML’s beyond 10:1. Not sure what kinda crappy book you’re using. :smiley:

PSU is, for the record, going off at +1460 straight up on 5dimes right now. 14.6:1 odds aren’t too bad. bballguy could turn his 1k into a cool 15k by the sounds of it. :wink:

What’s interesting is that we’re now about a 17.5 dog, and 14.6:1 to win. Whereas a team like LSU is a 19 point dog at Kentucky, but a 22.5:1 ML payout.

I think that reflects a bit of respect maybe???

Team total lines are OSU 73 and PSU 56

Think that sounds pretty close for a final score?

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:11, topic:1785”]What’s interesting is that we’re now about a 17.5 dog, and 14.6:1 to win. Whereas a team like LSU is a 19 point dog at Kentucky, but a 22.5:1 ML payout.

I think that reflects a bit of respect maybe???[/quote]

Not at all. They’re totally driven off the spread and total, using formulas.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:11, topic:1785"]What's interesting is that we're now about a 17.5 dog, and 14.6:1 to win. Whereas a team like LSU is a 19 point dog at Kentucky, but a 22.5:1 ML payout.

I think that reflects a bit of respect maybe???[/quote]

Not at all. They’re totally driven off the spread and total, using formulas.

Which is why I think it’s strange. There shouldn’t be that big of a jump between 1 possession difference in spreads.

A 19 point underdog pays 22.5 to 1 and a 17 point dog pays 14 to 1?

For instance… 19 point dog Wake Forest pays out 17.5 to 1, while 19.5 pt dog LSU pays out 22.5 to 1.

It’s not all done on the scale you’re thinking of. Our ML is kind of low I think, and LSU’s kind of high. Not a ton, but a bit in each direction.

Penn State has a real chance in this game. I don’t know if they’ll win, but I expect it to be a game in the second half.

I’ve seen plenty of ML’s beyond 10:1. Not sure what kinda crappy book you’re using. :smiley:

PSU is, for the record, going off at +1460 straight up on 5dimes right now. 14.6:1 odds aren’t too bad. bballguy could turn his 1k into a cool 15k by the sounds of it. :wink:

Never put down another man’s momma or his bookie !!! >:( Meet me outside in 3 minutes !!! ;D :wink: