PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Sidney Crosby vis-a-vis Billy Oliver

Doctors think they may have found the source of Crosby’s long-term concussion issues in a soft tissue neck injury.

While I didn’t even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I wonder if that’s at all related to tests Oliver has gone through.

[quote=“Tom, post:1, topic:3035”]Doctors think they may have found the source of Crosby’s long-term concussion issues in a soft tissue neck injury.

While I didn’t even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, I wonder if that’s at all related to tests Oliver has gone through.[/quote]

For Billy’s sake, I almost hope we have seen him play his last game.

Like many on this forum have said, you never want to see the kid sustain long term damamge.

He has had to sit for long stretches of 3 out of the 4 seasons he has been to State College. That tells me that whatever is wrong with him is not going away.

As said before, I would rather lose games than see anything happen to this kid.

[quote=“Skeeza, post:2, topic:3035”]Like many on this forum have said, you never want to see the kid sustain long term damamge.

He has had to sit for long stretches of 3 out of the 4 seasons he has been to State College. That tells me that whatever is wrong with him is not going away.

As said before, I would rather lose games than see anything happen to this kid.[/quote]

Bingo. Every time he has tried to come back from this injury the recurring symptoms have forced him out of the lineup for long periods of time. From what we’ve read previously, the headaches are exercise induced as well. The kid is an ivy league caliber student…I just hope he uses that sense to make the rational and safe decision for his future.

At the end of the day, however…it’s ultimately up to him and the doctors. I can’t imagine how frustrated he must be.

I do believe Billy is going to play this weekend. That would be great to see

Very technical explanation of Crosby’s neck injury and why it seemed concussion related.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7556814/sidney-crosby-neck-injury-requires-complex-explanation

If, like with Crosby, concussion-related tests such as ImPACT are normal, then the neck becomes a more likely source.

Great news that his ImPACT tests are normal.