PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

SIAP: TV listings for PSU v VT?

I know Lar will be upset for having to explain it, but I’m confused…

It’s listed for CSN (comcast sports), but I only see it listed in the Washington market. I’m in the new england market and don’t see it listed and find it strange it’s not listed on the Philly network. I have Fios and CSN-NE so I’m guessing I’m out of luck…

http://pennstatehoops.com/talk/index.php?topic=1637.msg36467#msg36467

[quote=“spud358, post:1, topic:1627”]I know Lar will be upset for having to explain it, but I’m confused…

It’s listed for CSN (comcast sports), but I only see it listed in the Washington market. I’m in the new england market and don’t see it listed and find it strange it’s not listed on the Philly network. I have Fios and CSN-NE so I’m guessing I’m out of luck…[/quote]

Discussed in depth here. Short answer is you won’t see it.

I’ll be in Pittsburgh and am thinking about finding a sports bar for the game, but then I realized that it’s on at 1 pm on a Sunday (aka the same start time of so many NFL games). I think that the chances of them showing the game at a sports bar here are pretty slim. Oh well, hopefully the highlights are on SportsCenter at least.

Just ordered the sports pack from directv to watch on channel 642, or to be exact, to DVR and watch at a later time.

thanks guys, sorry for the added clutter to the board.

[quote=“spud358, post:1, topic:1627”]I know Lar will be upset for having to explain it, but I’m confused…

It’s listed for CSN (comcast sports), but I only see it listed in the Washington market. I’m in the new england market and don’t see it listed and find it strange it’s not listed on the Philly network. I have Fios and CSN-NE so I’m guessing I’m out of luck…[/quote]
Put your zip code and town in here and look alphabetically under Big Ten network. I get it in NY area on FIOS.

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineup/ChannelLineup.htm?zipCode=11530

They usually have 20 TV’s. Shouldn’t be a problem getting them to put in on for a paying customer. Just don’t expect to get it on one of the larger screens.

[quote="spud358, post:1, topic:1627"]I know Lar will be upset for having to explain it, but I'm confused....

Put your zip code and town in here and look alphabetically under Big Ten network. I get it in NY area on FIOS.

This isn’t Big Ten Network, so that wouldn’t do any good.

[quote="spud358, post:1, topic:1627"]I know Lar will be upset for having to explain it, but I'm confused....

Hope you enjoy wrestling and women’s hoops because that’s what you are going to be watching on the BTN.

Blacksburg means the ACC owns the TV rights not the Big Ten. Games like this make you appreciate the Big Ten Network. Pretty much every Big Ten home game is available to fans nationwide - the same can’t be said for any other conference.

I’m probably one of the few that’s glad this game is on CSN in the DC area instead of BTN as it enables me to watch in HD in northern VA.

Hope you enjoy wrestling and women’s hoops because that’s what you are going to be watching on the BTN.

Blacksburg means the ACC owns the TV rights not the Big Ten. Games like this make you appreciate the Big Ten Network. Pretty much every Big Ten home game is available to fans nationwide - the same can’t be said for any other conference.

Is it women’s wrestling? :wink: My bad.

As mentioned by cramx3, it’s on 642 or 643 on DirectTV nationally. With all the TV’s, they’ll give you a screen. Don’t need to have 2 football games on all the TV’s.

I'll be in Pittsburgh and am thinking about finding a sports bar for the game, but then I realized that it's on at 1 pm on a Sunday (aka the same start time of so many NFL games). I think that the chances of them showing the game at a sports bar here are pretty slim. Oh well, hopefully the highlights are on SportsCenter at least.

As mentioned by cramx3, it’s on 642 or 643 on DirectTV nationally. With all the TV’s, they’ll give you a screen. Don’t need to have 2 football games on all the TV’s.

It’s not quite that simple. The bar has to have a commercial license that includes Comcast SportsNet MidAtlantic. It’s not a given that they will because my understanding is that the Comcast SportsNet commercial licenses aren’t cheap.

[quote="State4Life, post:4, topic:1627"]I'll be in Pittsburgh and am thinking about finding a sports bar for the game, but then I realized that it's on at 1 pm on a Sunday (aka the same start time of so many NFL games). I think that the chances of them showing the game at a sports bar here are pretty slim. Oh well, hopefully the highlights are on SportsCenter at least.[/quote]

It’s not quite that simple. The bar has to have a commercial license that includes Comcast SportsNet MidAtlantic. It’s not a given that they will because my understanding is that the Comcast SportsNet commercial licenses aren’t cheap.

I was under the impression the CSN package wasn’t too bad, it’s getting the professional games that are shown on there that becomes pricey. They are blacked out if you just order the CSN channel from another are - so like, if you live in centre county you probably get just Pittsburgh games under a normal plan, even if you paid for a package that included CSN-MidAtlantic which would show some Nationals and Capitals games most of the year… those become blacked out unless you purchase the rights to ALL MLB or NHL games.

Then again - any sports bar which doesn’t have the full packages for all the major pro sports isn’t really worth a damn, imo. So I dunno. I’ve put in a call to a couple sportsbars here in the area and none of them are quite sure if they’ll have it or not and said to call back by noon tomorrow - I didn’t really want to get into explaining how to check for sure over the phone, so I guess I’ll just wait and find out for sure tomorrow.

[quote="State4Life, post:4, topic:1627"]I'll be in Pittsburgh and am thinking about finding a sports bar for the game, but then I realized that it's on at 1 pm on a Sunday (aka the same start time of so many NFL games). I think that the chances of them showing the game at a sports bar here are pretty slim. Oh well, hopefully the highlights are on SportsCenter at least.[/quote]

I was under the impression the CSN package wasn’t too bad, it’s getting the professional games that are shown on there that becomes pricey. They are blacked out if you just order the CSN channel from another are - so like, if you live in centre county you probably get just Pittsburgh games under a normal plan, even if you paid for a package that included CSN-MidAtlantic which would show some Nationals and Capitals games most of the year… those become blacked out unless you purchase the rights to ALL MLB or NHL games.

Then again - any sports bar which doesn’t have the full packages for all the major pro sports isn’t really worth a damn, imo. So I dunno. I’ve put in a call to a couple sportsbars here in the area and none of them are quite sure if they’ll have it or not and said to call back by noon tomorrow - I didn’t really want to get into explaining how to check for sure over the phone, so I guess I’ll just wait and find out for sure tomorrow.

If they have DirectTV, that’s a good sign. Then ask them to check channel 642. It’s on my sked, and I have the Choice package(I think). You’re right on the sports bar. If the have DirectTV, they should have it, as that’s the CSN channel. I think the Mid-Atlantic is 643.

For those in the State College area, Champs said they will be able to put the game on a small screen.

Here’s a Justin.tv link

h0kiep0kie on Justin.tv