Shooting woes frustrate Lions by Jeff Rice

centredaily.com: PSU NOTEBOOK

“…the Nittany Lions, who are fighting a flu bug that affected several players during the tournament…”

This may have contributed to why we saw such dramatic swings in performance from the first two games of the season to the games at the tournament. It would also seem to me that it could be a reason the team could not sustain the great start they had against Davidson.

I know there are reports of athletes performing very well while under the weather, but I have to believe that is the exception and not the rule.

[quote=“LarryH, post:2, topic:339”]“…the Nittany Lions, who are fighting a flu bug that affected several players during the tournament…”

This may have contributed to why we saw such dramatic swings in performance from the first two games of the season to the games at the tournament. It would also seem to me that it could be a reason the team could not sustain the great start they had against Davidson.

I know there are reports of athletes performing very well while under the weather, but I have to believe that is the exception and not the rule.[/quote]

In maybe the most overlooked game of last season, when Northwestern came to the BJC almost everybody on the team was sick. They kept leaving and coming back. Danny didn’t play, Stanley looked sick, Mel kept leaving. And even Talor was sick even though he dropped 27 points (20+ I think it was 27)

[quote="LarryH, post:2, topic:339"]“…the Nittany Lions, who are fighting a flu bug that affected several players during the tournament…”

I know there are reports of athletes performing very well while under the weather, but I have to believe that is the exception and not the rule.[/quote]

In maybe the most overlooked game of last season, when Northwestern came to the BJC almost everybody on the team was sick. They kept leaving and coming back. Danny didn’t play, Stanley looked sick, Mel kept leaving. And even Talor was sick even though he dropped 27 points (20+ I think it was 27)

Yes, and if you take Talor’s exceptional game out of the mix, the team shot significantly less than 30% for that game.

Don’t give me the sick excuse. I hope Ed didn’t say that, as that is making excuses which at this point in the program, he shouldn’t be making. If PSU was playing Mich State or Purdue where PSU knows they need to be 110% and get some breaks to win, that is one thing. When you are playing against Tulane and UNCW on a nuetral court, that doesn’t fly.

Where did I suggest that anything about the losses should be excused? To note a condition that exists does not mean excuse it, nor does it suggest any devaluing of the loss. I do not know how you jumped to that conclusion.