Sh igt

Been watching this, not a whole lot to say.

The broadcasters started out saying Penn State opened in a man to man when we opened in a zone, and it has been all down hill from there :wink:

Obviously we’re making shots which is good but I’m still not happy with our defense. We seem to get lazy out there and I wish Coach would lite people up.

Frankly I am fighting to keep my eyes open. Pretty boring.

We look better than we did in Charleston - there’s still issues, and most of the reason why we look better is that shots are falling. But - I don’t know, it’s just hard to gauge this team right now considering their competition.

Edwards is a ball player… he’s big, he moves well, and he seems to really have a feel for the game.

Yepper. Guy has body control and knows how to score.

He’s good and I can’t wait for the knee to be completely healed. You can tell he’s slowed a bit by it.

Silky smooth. $Bill

How about we get a little extra love for Mr. Jackson… he and brooks have both stepped up this year in terms of offensive production, and i don’t think either has come anywhere near their ceiling so far in terms of PPG.

Neither is maybe giving us quite the inside presence we hoped, but overall they’ve met my expectations for points. Now if Battle, Babb, and Jones - the three we thought were a sure thing, could get it together every night… we might have a ball club this year.

As i say this:

Edwards with a 3-ball, showing the outside to compliment the outside game.

Edwards was a steal in the spring signing period.

This is Ed’s jigsaw puzzle. All of the pieces are in this box, when he figures out how to put the pieces together, this team will be very good I feel.

Good TO. Step up the D guys.

Uninspired perimeter D.

Babbers still not going straight up on most of his shots this year. where did he pick that bad habit up? when he is square to the bucket, goes straight up and down, he’s $$$$$.

But he’ll be wide open with all day to shoot and he falls to the side, or back. And he misses most of them.

Rhythm shooters can get away with it, but he rarely shoots in rhythm… he’s much more spot up most of the time.

exactly what i was thinking. there’s no denying this team has the talent to compete for a spot in the NCAA tournament very soon. but this year may just take too long figuring out the pieces, getting everyone playing on the same page and a regular rotation to play with. It’s almost like they’re overwhelmed with moving pieces out there and can’t decide on which direction to go.

Another interesting note - these plays with Edwards going to the hoop are designed… designed plays for a freshmen in his 2nd game, coming off the bench. Pretty impressive.

Either that or he’s improving a lot more than I realize… but that last drive to the hoop was definitely part of the offense they had called.

That being said - our defense is really poor right now, we’re letting them hang around and it worries me.

1-pt game… I can’t even say we’re playing that poorly on offense. Just giving up wide open three’s to the same guys everytime down the court.

Terrible defensive effort.

SHU is 73 percent from behind the arc in this half. 8-11

That is appallingly bad defense.

This is why we can’t close out teams. Our D has got to improve by BT season or lookout. :o

[quote="mhenry41, post:11, topic:354"]This is Ed's jigsaw puzzle. All of the pieces are in this box, when he figures out how to put the pieces together, this team will be very good I feel.[/quote]

exactly what i was thinking. there’s no denying this team has the talent to compete for a spot in the NCAA tournament very soon. but this year may just take too long figuring out the pieces, getting everyone playing on the same page and a regular rotation to play with. It’s almost like they’re overwhelmed with moving pieces out there and can’t decide on which direction to go.

+1 Loads of talent on this team