Seth Curry

You guys may have already discussed this, but I was just wondering about other people’s thoughts on Seth Curry transferring to Duke.

Do you guys think his game is good enough to dazzle everyone in the ACC? They referred to it as taking his game “to the next level” with the next level being the ACC. I think he is a solid player but I don’t think he is going to be anything special. His brother did well and got recognition at Davidson, and I kind of like when great players come through smaller schools and give them more buzz. Look at Drexel, Malik Rose put them on the map in '94, and I think Seth Curry could have given Liberty a little more attention. This post is more of a rant I guess, considering I am not really looking into stats or anything. I like Seth Curry and I think he will be successful, but I guess I would have rather seen him stay at Liberty.

What do you guys think?

I have never seen Seth Curry play so thus I don’t know how good he is. Is he playing at Duke presently? I know Duke was on the tube the other day.
Have you seen him play?

[quote=“tundra, post:2, topic:287”]I have never seen Seth Curry play so thus I don’t know how good he is. Is he playing at Duke presently? I know Duke was on the tube the other day.
Have you seen him play?[/quote]

He’s sitting out this year due to transfer rules. He’ll play as a soph next year. I think he was the leading freshmen scorer in the nation last year, in the low 20’s per game.

My nephew goes to Liberty and I can tell you he said that nobody on campus was happy about Curry’s decision to leave. He played well as a freshman at Liberty but from what I saw of him he’s not going to dominate in the ACC.

I don’t blame him for transferring, whether he’s going to be a breakout star in the ACC or not. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to spend time at Liberty University.

Last year his Liberty team played at Clemson, he had 24 points and Liberty only lost by 5, 75-80. Only two starters are back this year and the game was at Liberty. They lost 70-39.

I think he’ll be able to hold his own in the ACC. He’s not going to be a star or probably not even close to the best player on his team.

Will he be more prepared for the NBA being the 4th/5th scoring option for Duke or Liberty’s Go-To-Guy?

Liberty education vs Duke education.

That’s a no brainer.

Oops, looks like you misspelled indoctrination after Liberty there, Lar.

[quote="UncleLar, post:7, topic:287"]Liberty education vs Duke education.[/quote]

;D

[quote="bstanf, post:5, topic:287"]I don't blame him for transferring, whether he's going to be a breakout star in the ACC or not. I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend time at Liberty University.[/quote]

That’s a no brainer.

I agree with that, definitely a no brainer. And I feel he will be more prepared for the NBA than if Liberty that’s a no brainer too. I definitely don’t think he will dominate the ACC at all. Either way we have to wait until next season to see anyway, I was just curious as to some thoughts. And as for now: Let’s get to the NCAA tourney, and let’s get ourselves a Big Ten Title!

[quote="bstanf, post:5, topic:287"]I don't blame him for transferring, whether he's going to be a breakout star in the ACC or not. I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend time at Liberty University.[/quote]

That’s a no brainer.

As an evolutionary biologist, I concur.

[quote="UncleLar, post:7, topic:287"]Liberty education vs Duke education.[/quote]

Is the reference to “indoctrination” based on knowledge of what is taught at Liberty or based on the school’s connection to Jerry Falwell?