PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Security Alert - no purses this weekend at any event other than football

This is going to turn into one helluva mess. PSU just announced no bags of any type, including purses, will be allowed at any of the university athletic facilities. Any guesses on how many women turn up at a Beaver Stadium gate with a purse in hand and get turned away?

Edited to reflect the restriction does not apply to Beaver Stadium.

“Bags of any sort, including purses, will not be permitted at the Bryce Jordan Center, Greenberg Ice Pavilion, Jeffrey Field and Rec Hall.”

This doesn’t mention Beaver Stadium.

[quote=“jiddywop, post:2, topic:2807”]“Bags of any sort, including purses, will not be permitted at the Bryce Jordan Center, Greenberg Ice Pavilion, Jeffrey Field and Rec Hall.”

This doesn’t mention Beaver Stadium.[/quote]

You’re right. Once again, I’m guilty of what I accuse people of all the time - not reading the whole report.

I read the headline "Increased Safety Measures for Home Athletic Events"

Then the first couple of sentences.

[i]UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - Due to recent events, the Penn State Athletics Department will implement increased security measures for all home athletic events from Friday, Nov. 11 through Sunday, Nov. 13.

Bags of any sort, including purses, will not be permitted at the Bryce Jordan Center, Greenberg Ice Pavilion, Jeffrey Field and Rec Hall.[/i]

and just connected the “all events” with “Bags of any sort, including purses, will not be permitted. . .” and just stopped there.

I need to get back to being more thorough.

Here’s the whole release.

Does that strike anyone as odd that Beaver Stadium wouldn’t be included? Of all the places you worry about, isn’t BS #1??

[quote="jiddywop, post:2, topic:2807"]"Bags of any sort, including purses, will not be permitted at the Bryce Jordan Center, Greenberg Ice Pavilion, Jeffrey Field and Rec Hall."

You’re right. Once again, I’m guilty of what I accuse people of all the time - not reading the whole report.

[i]UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. - Due to recent events, the Penn State Athletics Department will implement increased security measures for all home athletic events from Friday, Nov. 11 through Sunday, Nov. 13.

Bags of any sort, including purses, will not be permitted at the Bryce Jordan Center, Greenberg Ice Pavilion, Jeffrey Field and Rec Hall.[/i]

and just connected the “all events” with “Bags of any sort, including purses, will not be permitted. . .” and just stopped there.

Just not doing too good at multi-tasking. Trying to troll the interwebs, watch the women’s soccer game on the web (0-0 with 12 min left), listen to women’s hoops on AM (72-60 final but they didn’t pull away until there were less than 2 min left) and Icers on FM (3-0 after two).

Just got back from the Lady Lions game @ the BJC and my wife had no problem taking her purse inside.

::slight_smile: Issued a decree but the word didn’t seem to make it to the right people.

[quote="jiddywop, post:2, topic:2807"]"Bags of any sort, including purses, will not be permitted at the Bryce Jordan Center, Greenberg Ice Pavilion, Jeffrey Field and Rec Hall."

Just not doing too good at multi-tasking. Trying to troll the interwebs, watch the women’s soccer game on the web (0-0 with 12 min left), listen to women’s hoops on AM (72-60 final but they didn’t pull away until there were less than 2 min left) and Icers on FM (3-0 after two).

Forgot to add the women’s vb team was swept by Illinois.