PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

SEC suspends Pearl

for 8 conference games.
IMO he got off way too light.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/11/tennessee-basketball-coach-bruce-pearl-sec-suspension/1

What do you think he deserved?

I’m shocked UT didn’t show him a one way Greyhound ticket. That whole thing sounded bad. He told the recruit it was a violation and just did it anyway. Kind of a big middle finger to the NCAA.

He knowingly committed NCAA rules infractions, actually verbalizing that to recruits families, then asked them to lie about it and then when interiviewed about the mulltiple incidents involved he lied across the board (excess phone calls, exceeding visit time restrictions, violating off-campus site restrictions, which included the Bar B Q he had at his own home.)

That degree of deceit and lies should result in loss of job.

He should have been fired. What type of message is the University sending when a coach knowlingly cheats and lies and does not lose their job. So does that say to the students that they can cheat on an exam and if they get caught lie about it and only if somehow somebody finds out and proves it is a lie that then and only then they will get a slap on the wrist.

At least it gives me a team to root really hard against this year.

sooooo snaky. i hate the good guy act he’s trying to pull too. now he’s all mr. honest because he got caught lying after he got caught cheating.

yet when asked about the illini incident he was only doing the right thing out of respect for the game and rules. i’m sure it had nothing to do with him getting ahead. dbag.

i agree he should be fired, obviously.

It’s the SEC that suspended him, I don’t think the NCAA has come forth with their actions.

BTW… It is the SEC. did you really expect anything more than 8 games for cheating?

I don’t think the NCAA can suspend a coach, can they? They can only police the school.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:3, topic:1518"]I'm shocked UT didn't show him a one way Greyhound ticket. That whole thing sounded bad. He told the recruit it was a violation and just did it anyway. Kind of a big middle finger to the NCAA.[/quote]

It’s the SEC that suspended him, I don’t think the NCAA has come forth with their actions.

BTW… It is the SEC. did you really expect anything more than 8 games for cheating?

I don’t think the NCAA can suspend a coach, can they? They can only police the school.

They ban coaches. Ask Kelvin Sampson how it feels to get jettisoned.

So what do you think he deserved?