PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Season Tickets?

Has anyone gotten their season tickets yet? The season (fake) starts in 4 days. The first real game is 11 days away.

I haven’t received my tickets yet, and my online account shows I have no upcoming events. Anyone else get theirs? It seems like last year they came in early/mid October.

Nope, I have not received mine yet.

Me neither.

None here either.

Apparently, they are not ready to be mailed. That’s probably why they made a separate mailing to season ticket holders with tickets to the exhibition game last week.

Like Big Ten Media Day, it’s “no big deal”… right?

Actually, the mailing of season tickets is a last minute thing every year.

It’s not. As Bulldog said, season tickets are mailed out at the last minute every year. This year is no different than any other.

[quote="NationBuilder, post:5, topic:1436"]Like Big Ten Media Day, it's "no big deal"... right?[/quote]

It’s not. As Bulldog said, season tickets are mailed out at the last minute every year. This year is no different than any other.

Yet football tickets manage to get out a month or so before the first game – and there are thousands more of those to distribute. Wonder why the big difference.

[quote="NationBuilder, post:5, topic:1436"]Like Big Ten Media Day, it's "no big deal"... right?[/quote]

Yet football tickets manage to get out a month or so before the first game – and there are thousands more of those to distribute. Wonder why the big difference.

Good question. My guess is that it is related to scheduling. Next year’s f-ball schedule is known now – a full year in advance. The b-ball schedule, on the other hand, is not finalized until just 3 mos. or so before the first game. Upon finalization of the schedule, the season ticket renewal process begins. All in all, just a much more compressed time frame. Of course, my read on this may well be all wrong.

Good question. My guess is that it is related to scheduling. Next year’s f-ball schedule is known now – a full year in advance. The b-ball schedule, on the other hand, is not finalized until just 3 mos. or so before the first game. Upon finalization of the schedule, the season ticket renewal process begins. All in all, just a much more compressed time frame. Of course, my read on this may well be all wrong.

Exactly.

If people are going to complain, they should get on Cael Sanderson’s back too. Wrestling season starts the same time (exhibition this week, real match next week) and I don’t have my wrestling season tickets either. Perhaps they face the same problem that hoops does with locking down the schedule and firming up the season ticket renewals.

How much did season tickets cost you guys? Just curious.

I get a senior citizens discount ;D but the normal price is $220 per ticket (and please spare us the comparisons to Seton Hall season ticket prices - no one cares).

I have 4 seats @$190 per tickets (senior discount) = $760 plus $5 handling for a total of $765.00. I believe that full fare is $220 per ticket.

I don’t think it was directed to me, but I just wanted to note that I started the thread not to complain, just to get some information, and make sure mine hadn’t gotten lost in the mail or something, while everyone else had theirs.

[quote="UncleLar, post:10, topic:1436"]If people are going to complain, they should get on Cael Sanderson's back too.[/quote]

I don’t think it was directed to me, but I just wanted to note that I started the thread not to complain, just to get some information, and make sure mine hadn’t gotten lost in the mail or something, while everyone else had theirs.

It wasn’t. It was directed at NationBuilder who seemed to want to turn it into some sort of big deal.

Exactly.

If people are going to complain, they should get on Cael Sanderson’s back too. Wrestling season starts the same time (exhibition this week, real match next week) and I don’t have my wrestling season tickets either. Perhaps they face the same problem that hoops does with locking down the schedule and firming up the season ticket renewals.

Yes, I think it’s the renewal process… They only send to the printer the season tickets, and leave the rest in the computer to be printed “on demand” so they have to lock in the season tickts first. Of course, over at the Beav not only do they know the schedule early, but they can just about go ahead and print out the whole stadium (excluding the student section, and maybe the visitor’s block) since they know most of them are sold anyway… they can send the order to the printer WAY ahead of time.

I’d think they’d need to lock in season tickets before the single game tickets go on sale, though. You wouldn’t want to sell single game tickets in seats that a season ticket holder would sit in, so there must be a cut off date for season ticket sales before single game tickets go on sale.

I’d think they’d send them off to the printer then. Perhaps it’s just that demand for tickets is high, since every school needs them, and there aren’t that many printing companies that make them? Or maybe they print them in house, and the laser printer in the ticketing office is broken. :slight_smile:

Exactly.

Yes, I think it’s the renewal process… They only send to the printer the season tickets, and leave the rest in the computer to be printed “on demand” so they have to lock in the season tickts first. Of course, over at the Beav not only do they know the schedule early, but they can just about go ahead and print out the whole stadium (excluding the student section, and maybe the visitor’s block) since they know most of them are sold anyway… they can send the order to the printer WAY ahead of time.

I work for a printing company. It doesn’t take that long to print out tickets and get them in the mail. For 10,000 sets of tickets, it could easily be done in a day. The actual ticket itself is most likely preprinted – which could be done well in advance. It’s just a bunch of perforated card stock with some pretty colors printed on them. Then, I’d assume, the variable stuff (seat location, date, opponent, etc.) is imprinted on a fancy Xerox type box or ink jet of some sort – depends on the printing company. Bottom line, even running half speed (which is probably the case given the heavy stock and the coating on the tickets), a Xerox machine can knock them all out in 4 hours. And an inserter could stuff all the envelopes in about two hours. Anyone know who prints the tickets? Are they done in house? If they are, that would explain the long turn time. PSU probably wouldn’t have near the throughput of a real printing company.

[quote=“bstanf, post:17, topic:1436”]I’d think they’d need to lock in season tickets before the single game tickets go on sale, though. You wouldn’t want to sell single game tickets in seats that a season ticket holder would sit in, so there must be a cut off date for season ticket sales before single game tickets go on sale.

I’d think they’d send them off to the printer then. Perhaps it’s just that demand for tickets is high, since every school needs them, and there aren’t that many printing companies that make them? Or maybe they print them in house, and the laser printer in the ticketing office is broken. :)[/quote]

Waiting for a DONOR before they fix the laser printer. ;D

[quote="bstanf, post:17, topic:1436"]I'd think they'd need to lock in season tickets before the single game tickets go on sale, though. You wouldn't want to sell single game tickets in seats that a season ticket holder would sit in, so there must be a cut off date for season ticket sales before single game tickets go on sale.

I’d think they’d send them off to the printer then. Perhaps it’s just that demand for tickets is high, since every school needs them, and there aren’t that many printing companies that make them? Or maybe they print them in house, and the laser printer in the ticketing office is broken. :)[/quote]

Waiting for a DONOR before they fix the laser printer. ;D

Nice one! :smiley: