PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Season Ticket Annoyances/Things that P*ss Me Off

1. I can sell my tickets through the Ticket Exchange, but can’t sell them for less than face value. Why? It’s pretty obvious that Central Middle Southeast Connecticut State isn’t worth $18 or 6 hours of driving for me to go to.

2. The ability to forward my tickets via email is pretty useful. Charging $1.95/ticket to send them to someone, and claiming it’s a fee for “authentication and delivery” out is complete bullsh*t. Ticketmaster (and Penn State, by association) almost makes me angrier about the lies they use for their fees than the fees themselves. They should just call it the “we’re money grubbing assholes who want to gouge you for every penny you’ve got just for trying to get more people interested in PSU Basketball.”

I always wondered about the pricing on Ticketexchange. I used to buy more tickets for hoops games on Stubhub because they were usually cheaper than the ones on TExchange. However, it looks as if Stubhub got rid of electronic delivery and wants you to have the tix shipped FedEx.

Did you notice that according to Ticketmaster, we are playing WiscMilwaukee on Jan 29th?

My favorite all time fee of fees was back when Geisinger Medical used to charge a waiting room fee. Used to always wonder if you could get a discount for standing.

hmmmm…upon further review, we are also playing Illinois Springfield on jan 11th and Iowa State on the 26th.

Sell them on stubhub. I have had success selling PSU tickets there.

Maybe I’m not understanding something:

Isn’t it cheaper to buy the Flex books? That means the only advantage to buying season tix is that you get the same seat every year.

[quote=“bstanf, post:1, topic:1481”]1. I can sell my tickets through the Ticket Exchange, but can’t sell them for less than face value. Why? It’s pretty obvious that Central Middle Southeast Connecticut State isn’t worth $18 or 6 hours of driving for me to go to.

1. The ability to forward my tickets via email is pretty useful. Charging $1.95/ticket to send them to someone, and claiming it’s a fee for “authentication and delivery” out is complete bullsh*t. Ticketmaster (and Penn State, by association) almost makes me angrier about the lies they use for their fees than the fees themselves. They should just call it the “we’re money grubbing assholes who want to gouge you for every penny you’ve got just for trying to get more people interested in PSU Basketball.”[/quote]
    Uh Oh-you skipped your medications today :wink:

Maybe I'm not understanding something:

Isn’t it cheaper to buy the Flex books? That means the only advantage to buying season tix is that you get the same seat every year.

You also get 8 free tickets with the season ticket flex book so you are actually getting 27 games for $220.

Maybe I'm not understanding something:

You also get 8 free tickets with the season ticket flex book so you are actually getting 27 games for $220.

True, but that only helps if you want to take a guest to 8 games. If you just go alone, it seems the Flex Books are the way to go – if you don’t care where you sit.