PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

SCUM tonight

We play Michigan tonight on the Big 10 network and there are zero comments about the game. What is going on? Where are you fans?

Time to put the Sandusky scandal on the back burner and get on with Penn State University sporting teams. Please…everybody, put the SANDUSKY SCANDLE where it belongs, it is not the Penn State Scandel as ESPN and the NYT identify it is the SANDUSKY problem.

GO LIONS… BEAT SCUM!!!

The game is tomorrow.

MY Mistake, thanks.

lol

I am waiting on the BigTen1112 games without expectations. I like this team. They hustle extremely and play team basketball.
How good are they compared to the rest of the league…well…I’m not really sure. I will just watch and try to learn.

P.S. I am very content that we have the HC that will transform PSU into a regular contender! So that makes losing games this year much easier.

SCUM…I don’t know. I have seen only several minutes of them in a couple of games this season. They appear to look either very good or very bad.

[quote=“tundra, post:5, topic:2938”]I am waiting on the BigTen1112 games without expectations. I like this team. They hustle extremely and play team basketball.
How good are they compared to the rest of the league…well…I’m not really sure. I will just watch and try to learn.

P.S. I am very content that we have the HC that will transform PSU into a regular contender! So that makes losing games this year much easier.

SCUM…I don’t know. I have seen only several minutes of them in a couple of games this season. They appear to look either very good or very bad.[/quote]

how many years til we’re a regular contender, and what are we contending for in this vision of the future you have?

I have a feeling that it will be tought to watch Trey Burke and see what we could have had.

Wow, this thread is hilarious. ;D

Anyway, I also think it may be hard watching Burke and seeing what we almost had… Oh well, hopefully Trey Lewis steps it up and makes us forget.

I’ve seen him play about 5 times this year. He’s really good but I like Lewis too. I also don’t think Burke would look as good on PSU as he does on UM so I think he made the right choice.

I have a feeling that it will be tought to watch Trey Burke and see what we could have had.

I’ve seen him play about 5 times this year. He’s really good but I like Lewis too. I also don’t think Burke would look as good on PSU as he does on UM so I think he made the right choice.

The thing I like most about Burke is his confidence and aggressiveness. I guess Trey Lewis has not been able to show that because of his ankle problems.

I can’t help but think of how nasty a backcourt of Timmy and Burke would be when they are both in attack mode.

No problem Ms. Litella.

[quote=“pap17754, post:1, topic:2938”]We play Michigan tonight on the Big 10 network and there are zero comments about the game. What is going on? Where are you fans?

Time to put the Sandusky scandal on the back burner and get on with Penn State University sporting teams. Please…everybody, put the SANDUSKY SCANDLE where it belongs, it is not the Penn State Scandel as ESPN and the NYT identify it is the SANDUSKY problem.

GO LIONS… BEAT SCUM!!![/quote]

I agree let’s move forward and back our PSU teams. The question I have is what is the reason/basis to refer to the folks from Ann Arbor as SCUM? I have been around as a fan for a long time and have been treated well in Ann Arbor when I have attended games at the Big House; I “scratch my head” about this reference every time I see it on a message board. Of course, I know what would happen if I asked this question on Rivals. :smiley:

Totally agreed! I have been to the “Big House” in 2005, 2007, and 2009 and am always treated VERY well by Michigan fans (I have actually had my bar tab paid by Michigan fans on TWO occasions, and at a popular club/bar in Ann Arbor I was allowed in for free and bypassed a huge line at the door… not to mention riding on the “party bus” for free… they always treat visiting fans like kings in my experiences). Michigan fans are class acts. Next time we play at the Big House, I’ll be there in a heartbeat.

Plus, as PSU fans do we really need to call any other university teams derogatory names right now? Think about it.

+1. I shudder to think of what their names for PSU would be.

The question I have is what is the reason/basis to refer to the folks from Ann Arbor as SCUM? I have been around as a fan for a long time and have been treated well in Ann Arbor when I have attended games at the Big House; I "scratch my head" about this reference every time I see it on a message board. Of course, I know what would happen if I asked this question on Rivals. :D
Totally agreed! I have been to the "Big House" in 2005, 2007, and 2009 and am always treated VERY well by Michigan fans (I have actually had my bar tab paid by Michigan fans on TWO occasions, and at a popular club/bar in Ann Arbor I was allowed in for free and bypassed a huge line at the door... not to mention riding on the "party bus" for free... they always treat visiting fans like kings in my experiences). Michigan fans are class acts. Next time we play at the Big House, I'll be there in a heartbeat.

I don’t know. I lived out there for a couple years and the absolute arrogance of Michigan fans really wore me down. They used to really bash PSU and it seemed like they they hated that we were in the Big Ten.

[quote="Gman, post:12, topic:2938"]The question I have is what is the reason/basis to refer to the folks from Ann Arbor as SCUM? I have been around as a fan for a long time and have been treated well in Ann Arbor when I have attended games at the Big House; I "scratch my head" about this reference every time I see it on a message board. Of course, I know what would happen if I asked this question on Rivals. :D[/quote] Totally agreed! I have been to the "Big House" in 2005, 2007, and 2009 and am always treated VERY well by Michigan fans (I have actually had my bar tab paid by Michigan fans on TWO occasions, and at a popular club/bar in Ann Arbor I was allowed in for free and bypassed a huge line at the door... not to mention riding on the "party bus" for free... they always treat visiting fans like kings in my experiences). Michigan fans are class acts. Next time we play at the Big House, I'll be there in a heartbeat.

I don’t know. I lived out there for a couple years and the absolute arrogance of Michigan fans really wore me down. They used to really bash PSU and it seemed like they they hated that we were in the Big Ten.

I was out there in the beginning of December and had an amazing time. The stadium and arena were both beautiful (Crisler on the inside) and the students/people were all friendly and helped me and a friend have a great experience.

People act like Penn State has the classiest fans of all time, there are plenty of fans that are as bad or worse than Michigan

Remember the first SCum football BigTen1112 game at Beaver Statium? Remember the SCum star player on the team bench giving the finger to PSU fans around the 50 yard line seats.
Remember the ref penalizing PSU for "crowd noice?"
Remember all the rest anti-PSU ref football calls?

I’ve been to Michigan Statium. I did not find their fans friendly at all.

The last time I was in a physical altercation at a football stadium, it was to prevent a male Penn State fan from cold cocking a female Purdue fan.

We aren’t West Virginia, but it’s not like our fan base is all success with honor.

I was with a friend at the PSU OSU game a few years back with a friend who is a big time Buckeye fan. The PSU fans around us were so obnoxious to him that I almost (almost) enjoyed it when OSU smacked us in the nose in the fourth quarter.