Scrimmage Tomorrow

Apparently according to Babb the team has a scrimmage against Duquesne tomorrow. They team is there tonight and plays tomorrow. Idk if there is anyway to find out the score but I’ll txt babb tomorrow and see how it went. Idk what time it is though

if i think about it, i’ll ask some people who might be friends with the guys also. would be very interested to hear how that one plays out.

By NCAA regulations, they are not allowed to keep score.

But the players are allowed to keep track of how many points they scored :wink:

Should be an interesting scrimmage. We should “get our money’s worth” because Duquesne plays “run and gun totally fearless basketball.” Saunders and Clark are very nice forwards. Evans is a short/strong/quick PG who will match up with Taylor. Bolding and Monteiro are 6-4 run and jump jackrabbits. They also have a big body 7 foot English kid who is a transfer from Kentucky.

I agree, that’s a great team to scrimmage.

Who’s keeping track of how many they give up?

Melquan Bolding, that’s where he ended up? Played as teammate with Battle on '05 City Rocks, the summer Battle broke his ankle. Originally verballed to Louisville. Prepped a year. Same age as Battle, I think. Never saw him play. Think he attended 3 high schools, last prepping in NH. Another Mt. Vernon kid. Looks like he did okay as a freshman.

[quote="tundra, post:5, topic:168"]Should be an interesting scrimmage. We should "get our money's worth" because Duquesne plays "run and gun totally fearless basketball." Saunders and Clark are very nice forwards. Evans is a short/strong/quick PG who will match up with Taylor. Bolding and Monteiro are 6-4 run and jump jackrabbits. They also have a big body 7 foot English kid who is a transfer from Kentucky.[/quote]

Melquan Bolding, that’s where he ended up? Played as teammate with Battle on '05 City Rocks, the summer Battle broke his ankle. Originally verballed to Louisville. Prepped a year. Same age as Battle, I think. Never saw him play. Think he attended 3 high schools, last prepping in NH. Another Mt. Vernon kid. Looks like he did okay as a freshman.

I see him a lot at the Pittsburgh Summer League. Lean 6-4. He is a run/jump greyhound. BUT lacks ball skills (dribbling/outside shooting.) He can finish pretty well attacking the rim. In the right type of game he can be very productive. It’s just that Duquesne’s game is quite unorthodox. Saunders and Clark pretty much shoot any/every time from any where.

I believe the human nature standard is to count 3 for every two you score and 2 for every 3 they score.

[quote="UncleLar, post:7, topic:168"]Who's keeping track of how many they give up?[/quote]

I believe the human nature standard is to count 3 for every two you score and 2 for every 3 they score.

In Tee Ball and youth soccer they tell the kids the game was a “Tie.”

[quote="UncleLar, post:7, topic:168"]Who's keeping track of how many they give up?[/quote]

In Tee Ball and youth soccer they tell the kids the game was a “Tie.”

And they all get a trophy. :wink:

Ott and Babb said they played really well. Can’t say you’d expect much more than that from them. But it beats a laundry list of bad news they could have brought home.

So, if we don’t double their score, we really lost? Okay, I didn’t do the math on that. So if I’m wrong, please let me have it.