PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Scrimmage Against Temple

The guys are going to Philly tomorrow for a closed scrimmage against Temple…that should give the staff and the team an early indication just where they are at this point of the preseason!

Weather permitting? :slight_smile:

[quote="PSUWIN, post:1, topic:2764"]The guys are going to Philly tomorrow for a closed scrimmage against Temple...that should give the staff and the team an early indication just where they are at this point of the preseason![/quote]

Weather permitting? :slight_smile:

Well they aren’t there yet. Chambers was just on the road in town.

If they head to Philly tomorrow morning, they’ll be fine.

Maybe, but they may no get back until Sunday? :slight_smile:

[quote="Tom, post:4, topic:2764"]If they head to Philly tomorrow morning, they'll be fine.[/quote]

Maybe, but they may no get back until Sunday? :slight_smile:

Be a good chance to spread that new attitude and build the fanbase up in the metro area. Have the guys out shoveling snow on broad street Saturday night with their jerseys on. :smiley:

The precip has started here in town. If I were Chambers, I’d just reschedule the scrimmage.

Well…did the scrimmage take place??

yes, it took them 6 hours to get home

[quote="tundra, post:8, topic:2764"]Well.................did the scrimmage take place??[/quote]

I was with Pat Ackerman last night and forgot to ask about this thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

You would think in the year 2011 the results of these things would be hard to keep under wraps, but I haven’t heard much about this thing in the twittersphere yet.

I doubt anybody would post information that is involved with the team. The coaches would probably be upset if they had a manager, staff member, or player tell what happened. That is why only a select few can know what went on in these closed scrimmages :wink:

That doesn’t really explain why these are close scrimmages, it just explains the fact that these ARE closed scrimmages.

You would still think that a general idea of what happened might be put together based on people talking to the players and those other people you listed. Not necessarily x’s and o’s type of details but like, “so and so played great” or “team x was clearly better than team y”. It’s just hard to believe you can keep ANYTHING a secret these days, is my point. Let alone something with a few dozen witnesses.

[quote="tundra, post:8, topic:2764"]Well.................did the scrimmage take place??[/quote]

I guess some things never change.

Say what?

The scrimmages are closed by NCAA rule.

Someone asked about the scrimmage in the Steve Jones chat…he just said everyone played hard and Tim Frazier looked really good.

I think that’ll be the one line synopsis for the season :slight_smile:

[quote="Craftsy21, post:13, topic:2764"]That doesn't really explain why these are close scrimmages, it just explains the fact that these ARE closed scrimmages.[/quote]

Say what?

I know this. Read it a few more times.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:13, topic:2764"]That doesn't really explain why these are close scrimmages, it just explains the fact that these ARE closed scrimmages.[/quote]

Say what?

I know this. Read it a few more times.

I’ve tried reading it a few times. First of all, without a quote, it’s not all that easy to figure out what the “that” and “it” are referring to.

Your comment “That doesn’t really explain why these are close scrimmages” kind of implies that you actually asked that question. Yet nowhere in the thread do I see anything that would suggest that you did.

In actuality, you didn’t ask anything. What you did do was make a statement, specifically “You would think in the year 2011 the results of these things would be hard to keep under wraps”. Ron Swanson provided a logical reason why that would be so, i.e. coaches not being happy with leaks.

You, in turn, then made your obtuse post about “explaining” things (at least, I can only guess it was in response to Swanson’s statement since there was no quote in your post). And that post still doesn’t make a lot of sense in the context ( What exactly in Swanson’s statement has anything to do with explaining that the scrimmages are closed? His statement is all about the consequences of the scrimmages being closed. At least I explained that they were closed by NCAA rule, which is why coaches would be upset with leaks since they violate NCAA rules.

The only thing I can guess at is that you want to know “why the NCAA insists that these scrimmages be closed?”. Perhaps if that’s the question that you wanted to know, you should have actually asked it. But you didn’t.

Yeah, it’s confusing because I didn’t quote him. ::slight_smile:

I didn’t really ask a question. I put a thought out there to which he responded in a roundabout way to say that they are closed scrimmages, but I know this already and wasn’t really asking about that fact… I was simply pointing out that his last two sentences really had nothing to do with each other. The idea that coaches would be upset with somebody for leaking this information has little to do with the fact that this is an NCAA rule to limit those privy to the results of the scrimmage, not a team rule.

It wasn’t really a big deal, just me expressing my confusion with his entire post much in the same way you are now confused with my confused response to him.

The bottom line is, I was confused. And then I confused another. And I’m sorry the whole thing ever happened now because it fully wasted a good 5 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:19, topic:2764”]Yeah, it’s confusing because I didn’t quote him. ::slight_smile:

I didn’t really ask a question. I put a thought out there to which he responded in a roundabout way to say that they are closed scrimmages, but I know this already and wasn’t really asking about that fact… I was simply pointing out that his last two sentences really had nothing to do with each other. The idea that coaches would be upset with somebody for leaking this information has little to do with the fact that this is an NCAA rule to limit those privy to the results of the scrimmage, not a team rule.

It wasn’t really a big deal, just me expressing my confusion with his entire post much in the same way you are now confused with my confused response to him.

The bottom line is, I was confused. And then I confused another. And I’m sorry the whole thing ever happened now because it fully wasted a good 5 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.[/quote]

So you don’t think that coaches would be upset if staff/team members violate NCAA rules by leaking the scrimmage information. ::slight_smile: