PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Saturday with Sparty

I don’t know what the legs will be like but damn they are working hard to get in. Let beat sparty and give no doubt about it.

I want a Big Ten title.

I hope the doc has packed a ton of ambien.

i hope izzo made his guys watch that

Tomorrow is our first CBS game since the Sweet Sixteen game.

I’m only working w/ the rabbit ears in this household…pretty excited to not have to rely on the computer for the game tomorrow!

Cue the CBS theme song - best sports intro music around!!!

Another good thing about this 36-33 “thriller”…it probably saved the Nittany’s legs a little. If they were forced to play at an up-and-down tempo, I’d say their legs might be shot come tomorrow. But the way they play favors them in a tournament situation (see 2009 NIT).

Sometimes in this situation (3rd game in 3 days) one of the teams plays very poorly. More mentally tired than physical. I think this is MUCH more possible to happen to MSU.

Im not sure about that this is what I call Izzo time this man has a gift when it comes to this time of year i swear his team could be god awful he would some how find a way to win in march.

It was before they jazzed it up and butchered it a few years ago.

An Izzo coached team has only been in the semifinals once after playing Thursday, and scored 48 points on 28%

And what has a Penn State team done?

I don’t think that fact you gave really matters right now.

An Izzo coached team has only been in the semifinals once after playing Thursday, and scored 48 points on 28%

Probably not. Though the comment was meant to be a quoted response to tundra’s above.

[quote="Tom, post:12, topic:2095"]An Izzo coached team has only been in the semifinals once after playing Thursday, and scored 48 points on 28%[/quote]

Probably not. Though the comment was meant to be a quoted response to tundra’s above.

No problem, Tom.

Remember Sparty played an extra 5 minutes against Iowa.

I don’t thing Izzo will be playing today! His history with different players is not relevent! For MSU, much the year MSU has been a train wreck (considering their talent level.) I just think they are more likely to “lay an egg” than PSU this afternoon!..even though PSU had the “late” game yesterday!!
But, maybe, I am just “wishing!”

We have every reason to feel confident our team can get the job done. Every time I have turned to the ultra negative on this team, they continue to shut me up. I really cannot believe the resiliency of this squad, and how many times were the knocked out? After Maryland it was “over,” after Maine it was “we may not win 3 conference games” (although I understand that philosophy to an extent). This team has continued to prove people wrong, and nothing would make me happier than a win today to guarantee us a spot in the NCAA tournament.

I may be alone in thinking yesterday’s game was more draining than a high scoring one. Our guys have to be exhausted.

It was definitely a grind it out game, which can be grueling. Not to mention we’re on 2 hours shorter rest than Sparty. But… I think it’s always a bit surprising to see just how far some kids can go with such little rest, and I think it catches up to you at times you don’t expect it rather than the moments you are really looking for it - whether that’s just a focus thing on the part of the players and coaches, being aware of how tired the team should be… I don’t know. But I look for both teams to be very focused and fresh looking today, despite the 3rd game in 3.