Roster Rumors?

Have we heard anything regarding the roster rumors?

I guess I got my answer. ::slight_smile:

Just what we are hearing on this message board. it seems the bleeding is not done.

I’ll be very concerned if a third player leaves.

Keep the Curads handy, I guess.

probably going to be 4 total but could be wrong. we shall see

Are we to believe these kids are so unhappy because of the team’s lack of success this past season, or does it have more to do with something else like Ed’s coaching style or playing minutes?

[quote="battlesway2, post:6, topic:996"]probably going to be 4 total but could be wrong. we shall see[/quote]

Are we to believe these kids are so unhappy because of the team’s lack of success this past season, or does it have more to do with something else like Ed’s coaching style or playing minutes?

I honestly have no idea. Probably a combination of the 3

Not that I don’t believe you, but are you taking that from something that you read or have you been told by an insider that 4 would be the number?

[quote="battlesway2, post:6, topic:996"]probably going to be 4 total but could be wrong. we shall see[/quote]

Not that I don’t believe you, but are you taking that from something that you read or have you been told by an insider that 4 would be the number?

In the words of Drew Rosenhaus …“NO COMMENT”

According to BWI, there could me more. It did say that DJ, Jones and Oliver (if medically cleared) will be back.

Well battlesway2 so far you have been right on. We now have 3 guys that seem to be leaving. I’m nervous who the 4th could be then.

[quote author=bballguy link=topic=1013.msg21243#msg21243 date=1269105005]
Well battlesway2 so far you have been right on. We now have 3 guys that seem to be leaving. I’m nervous who the 4th could be then.
Why in the world would anyone be nervous if we were to lose any more players. Is there any player on this roster that is any kind of difference maker other than Battle? Ed will find a few jucos and life will go on until he is gone. It is just a matter of time at this point.

I graduated in 1978 and have watched this circus for about 35 years. Until the university makes some kind of commitment to men’s basketball the cycle will continue. The university is oh so happy to pocket the Big Tens couple of million dollars they receive just to field a team. They are afraid to spend any more dollars than necessary so that money keeps rolling in every year. When the fans get so upset that they really stop going to games is when a change will be made. A new coach will be hired and optimism will return only until reality set in.

I would love to see this team be a consistent winner but until the university steps up to the plate it will not happen. It won’t be long until the wrestling team is out drawing the basketball team.

Seems like the 4th guy is Adam Highberger. Think that’s it now?

Interesting point. Adam is technically a scholarship player this semester, but I just tended not to consider him being counted in that number. I could very well be wrong though, and hopefully I am wrong.

Fightonstate said he was the 4th person leaving

Wouldn’t he be graduating then leaving? Its a little different.

Graduating, and not returning I’d put it as. Same with Ott.

go to fightonstate.com and read the top story

Heh. So, maybe the storm is over? If so, I can live with the results. Edwards and Babb were going to be critical components next season and can’t be easily replaced at this point in the signing period, but we still do have a team to put on the court. I highly doubt that we’ll be this well-oiled machine in the OOC sched like I had hoped.