PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Ross Travis

Anyone able to give me an update on Ross and how he looks this year for PSU? Watched the kid for the past 3 years here in the Twin Cities. Appreciate the responses in advance.

Given that practice hasn’t even started yet, you aren’t likely to find anyone who has seen him play.

No summer leagues the Nittany Lion players participate in during the summer?

I don’t know if you know PA at all, but there’s nothing outside of State College for miles. They’re better off scrimmaging amongst themselves.

There might be some people here who have seen the guys playing together or something, but you’re likely the most knowledgeable about Ross’ game than any of us.

No - at least not here.

The big question is what did you think of him when you watched him the last 3 years? Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Anyone able to give me an update on Ross and how he looks this year for PSU? Watched the kid for the past 3 years here in the Twin Cities. Appreciate the responses in advance.

The big question is what did you think of him when you watched him the last 3 years? Any information you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Ditto and welcome to the board.

Yeah. I’m not very familiar with PS hoops so I thought there might be a summer league etc.

What can you expect from Ross? I’ve watched him in high school and AAU since he was a freshman. The big question mark is can he stay healthy. He had a variety of injuries in his high school. Broke bones in his back, ankles, hamstrings etc. It was easily his biggest “issue”.

First, he’s a great athlete. Definitely a better athlete than a skilled kid right now. He does a lot of things okay but nothing great. He’s not the athlete that Rodney Williams is from the U but in that category. Explosive on the break and much better in the open court than the half court set. Not a consistent shooter and his form has a “hitch”. His handle is okay for a 3 position. He played some pg in AAU and in HS. More of a SG though than a creator.

He trained for the past three years with Chris Carr and worked hard but I think his shot isn’t ever going to be his strength. I know the UofM watched him but was worried about his ability to stay healthy. His dad is overbearing so here’s hoping he stays away from the bench in HV.

If he can stay healthy you guys will like him but I wouldn’t say he’s a “warrior”.

Hope that helps.

[quote=“Duthasmon Smith, post:8, topic:2651”]Yeah. I’m not very familiar with PS hoops so I thought there might be a summer league etc.

What can you expect from Ross? I’ve watched him in high school and AAU since he was a freshman. The big question mark is can he stay healthy. He had a variety of injuries in his high school. Broke bones in his back, ankles, hamstrings etc. It was easily his biggest “issue”.

First, he’s a great athlete. Definitely a better athlete than a skilled kid right now. He does a lot of things okay but nothing great. He’s not the athlete that Rodney Williams is from the U but in that category. Explosive on the break and much better in the open court than the half court set. Not a consistent shooter and his form has a “hitch”. His handle is okay for a 3 position. He played some pg in AAU and in HS. More of a SG though than a creator.

He trained for the past three years with Chris Carr and worked hard but I think his shot isn’t ever going to be his strength. I know the UofM watched him but was worried about his ability to stay healthy. His dad is overbearing so here’s hoping he stays away from the bench in HV.

If he can stay healthy you guys will like him but I wouldn’t say he’s a “warrior”.

Hope that helps.[/quote]Way to ruin my night :wink: Thanks for the update…I guess

I know it’s not a ringing endorsement but he does have a lot of potential (upside for the cliche’ lovers) but he’s been hurt so much…kids grow out it and here’s hoping he does for you.

We had another player here who also had health issues in high school. He turned out okay. He’s now our all time leading scorer. (Talor Battle for the new guy).

Thanks D Smith!

I think I know the pic you are refering to and that seemed to be planned a photo shot. Even guys we’ve had who are hurt can get into a uni for a photo. I wouldn’t read too much into the picture.