PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Rivals Power Ranking: Point Guard

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/viewcbse.asp?selposition=10

Ensue kid’s rants about how Battle is way better than the 6 above him. In fact he should be in the NBA right now, probably rookie of the year if was drafted. :stuck_out_tongue:

How valid is the data? Brad Wanamaker a PG…??
Are there other non PGs on the list?

[quote=“tundra, post:2, topic:1727”]How valid is the data? Brad Wanamaker a PG…??
Are there other non PGs on the list? [/quote]

Battle, since he plays the two more often. :slight_smile:

Of the top 7, 4 from NY, 2 from IL, including Pullen who played at the same HS as Dee and Shannon Brown.

McCamey has the height and size over Battle and can still shoot lights out from distance, so I have to give him the nod over Talor. McCamey also has to handle the point as the Illini do not have anyone else to deal with the pressure. I still think Talor is a touch better than Lucas. Be interested to see them go head to head, but Frazier will probably get the Lucas assignment. I would just like to see Talor on a team like Illinois or MSU. The pundits might have him in the Top 3 of this list if that was the case.

[quote=“tundra, post:2, topic:1727”]How valid is the data? Brad Wanamaker a PG…??
Are there other non PGs on the list?[/quote]

He isn’t exactly a SG either. I havent watched every Pitt game, but its like Gibbs and Wanamakers are both 1.5s (not a 1 or a 2). Correct me if I’m wrong.

It’s sad to say, but there really isn’t much Talor can do to improve his draft stock. Scouts say he’s too short. Well, he can’t do anything about his height. They have also said he lacks the quickness a player needs to overcome that. You might be able to do some training and improve a little, but there isn’t a whole lot to be done without born lightning fast speed. This kind of list further cements the harsh reality that Talor is a great college player, but is going to have a struggle making it in the NBA. He’s going to have to keep getting stronger, work on his free throws, and have eye opening workouts in front of scouts. Even then he might only be a late 2nd round pick.