PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Riding through campus with Coach Chambers (video)

http://www.gopsusports.com/blog/2011/06/video-riding-through-campus-with-coach-chambers.html

Penn State Men’s Basketball: Riding Through Campus with Coach Chambers

Looks like this was filmed today.

I like this guy. ;D

At the 4:10 mark, he’s walking into Rec Hall and says, “ahhhh, this is awesome. This is great. Fantastic.” Then he looks at old photos on the wall of former hoops teams that played there. Maybe… :slight_smile:

I really enjoyed the video, it’s too bad I’m not still on campus

I think he was just excited to find out if the guy he met earlier really was on the basketball team :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t be surprised if someone approached Coach Chambers about a game in Rec that he would explore the idea to have it happen.

Once he sees how poorly attended the semester break games are, I can’t imagine him not trying to get one of those moved to Rec Hall. I realize there are some hurdles to making it happen, but that’d be the perfect time for the more “intimate” arena.

Great, great stuff.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:7, topic:2530"]I wouldn't be surprised if someone approached Coach Chambers about a game in Rec that he would explore the idea to have it happen.[/quote]

Once he sees how poorly attended the semester break games are, I can’t imagine him not trying to get one of those moved to Rec Hall. I realize there are some hurdles to making it happen, but that’d be the perfect time for the more “intimate” arena.

I’d think he’d focus on turning the empty seats into filled seats…not simply offering less seats.

[quote="PSUdraw, post:7, topic:2530"]I wouldn't be surprised if someone approached Coach Chambers about a game in Rec that he would explore the idea to have it happen.[/quote]

Maybe we can get someone to condemn the BJC because there might be some asbestos in buried under the ticket office and it would take two years to remediate it - - then we’d have to move to Rec Hall. I’d even trade in my tickets to stand on the track and watch a game. I remember being up there when Dave Angstadt poured in 28 against the 'Cuse. Those games were fun.

Maybe we can get someone to condemn the BJC because there might be some asbestos in buried under the ticket office and it would take two years to remediate it - - then we’d have to move to Rec Hall. I’d even trade in my tickets to stand on the track and watch a game. I remember being up there when Dave Angstadt poured in 28 against the 'Cuse. Those games were fun.

I remember that Cuse game also! The orange full court pressed. Angstadt convented lay-ups on several/many full court baseball passes.

Great video. I love this guy’s charisma/personality and he really seems to sincerely care about people. Know the game, stay in high spirits, and he could take us places.

Took note that he went to the Creamery. Perhaps they can name an ice cream after him. After watching the video, it felt like I just had a triple scoop of the Chambers Conniving Chocolate.

U be trollin’, dude.

Why? Do you really not like Chambers at all, or you just tryin’ to get a rise out of folks?

Wish I had a job working for that guy. I bet I’d wake up every day wanting to go to work.

Took note that he went to the Creamery. Perhaps they can name an ice cream after him. After watching the video, it felt like I just had a triple scoop of the Chambers Conniving Chocolate.

U be trollin’, dude.

Why? Do you really not like Chambers at all, or you just tryin’ to get a rise out of folks?

That had the sincerity of a Billy Mays infomercial. How contrived, nothing genuine about it.

[quote="Locksmith, post:14, topic:2530"]Took note that he went to the Creamery. Perhaps they can name an ice cream after him. After watching the video, it felt like I just had a triple scoop of the Chambers Conniving Chocolate.[/quote]

U be trollin’, dude.

That had the sincerity of a Billy Mays infomercial. How contrived, nothing genuine about it.

Welcome to college basketball… Lots coaches fall into the infomercial styles.

[quote="Locksmith, post:14, topic:2530"]Took note that he went to the Creamery. Perhaps they can name an ice cream after him. After watching the video, it felt like I just had a triple scoop of the Chambers Conniving Chocolate.[/quote]

U be trollin’, dude.

LocksiClean?

U be trollin’, dude.

Are you suggesting that he neither wants nor appreciates support from fans?

Cause that would seem counter-intuitive from a coaching point of view…

There’s a difference between laying it on thick and being flat-out disingenuous. He may be guilty of the former, but I don’t think he’s disinterested in bringing out more fans to games.