Reminder: Student Ticket Sales to benefit THON

From today’s Collegian:

All student ticket proceeds from tonight’s game against Illinois at the Bryce Jordan Center will be donated to the Interfraternity Council/Panhell-enic Dance Marathon.

This is the way they should have done it two years ago instead of that half-assed “Target Ten” promo.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:747”]From today’s Collegian:

All student ticket proceeds from tonight’s game against Illinois at the Bryce Jordan Center will be donated to the Interfraternity Council/Panhell-enic Dance Marathon.

This is the way they should have done it two years ago instead of that half-assed “Target Ten” promo.[/quote]

It is way too far under the bridge to really get into it, but there was a quite a lot of effort put into Target Ten. Getting 10,000 students isn’t as easy as you think. It wasn’t my idea, but I had a hand in helping out.

Like NGameday said, it’s water under the bridge. A lot of effort was put into Target Ten. In hindsight, was it set up to fail?? Maybe, but it still raised thousands of dollars for Thon. I wouldn’t call that much a failure.

As for tonight, hopefully that will get a few more students to the game, but I’m not too optimistic.

[quote="UncleLar, post:1, topic:747"][url=http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/01/27/mens_basketball_ticket_sales_t.aspx]From today's Collegian[/url]:

This is the way they should have done it two years ago instead of that half-assed “Target Ten” promo.[/quote]

It is way too far under the bridge to really get into it, but there was a quite a lot of effort put into Target Ten. Getting 10,000 students isn’t as easy as you think. It wasn’t my idea, but I had a hand in helping out.

I don’t care how much effort went into it. It was a bad idea from the start and I said so then. I don’t fault the effort, I fault the idea. It should have been blatantly obvious it was a bad idea.